How would I log physical therapy?

Options
I'm in PT for a screwed up hip (just general weakness after two kids and joint problems during pregnancy) and I go twice a week for 45 minutes to an hour - usually it's 10 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill and then stretches and strength training - squats, reverse crunches, leg lifts, resistance band stuff, etc. Should I be logging each individual thing under strength training with reps or . . . ? Some of the therapists can really get my heart rate up and have me sweating if they work me hard enough and we move through each thing fast enough. Which I'm fine with, it's like a personal trainer but insurance pays for it and it's helping me walk without excruciating pain again. ;)

Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    The walking on the treadmill can be recorded as cardio. For the strength training you log it under strength training and create individual exercises. That's how I did it when I went to physio.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I usually log it as half light calisthenics and half strength training. I'm in for PT on my hip too, after having the bones shaved down and reshaped two months ago.
    Have you thought about purchasing a heart rate monitor? They are awesome sauce when it comes to "how do I log this?"