Challenge for Today Friday

Options
Monda
Monda Posts: 271 Member
I am going to do 1 hour and a half on the treadmill, or burn 600 calories today. Which ever comes first. Does anyone want to challenge themselves with me on this today? I weigh in only once a month.and next Wednesday is my weigh in day. I am pushing for 8 pounds.

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I'm in! At my size, running 3 miles on the treadmill ought to about cover it...I'll try to add in a little something extra (bike, elliptical or swimming) just to be sure. :-D
  • Monda
    Options
    great! I think we can do it! Check back in later! :)
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I am in - I have burned 356 calories so far.

On my break I walked this track we have outside for 20 minutes and then for lunchtime I walked (average 3.3 miles per hour) :-) over a mile. I didn't want to eat my lunch that I had here, so to challenge myself I had to 'earn' the treat of eating out. When I get home tonight I will do some extra time on the treadmill to get to 600!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! I've burned more than 359 so far (I don't count all my exercise minutes so I have a "cushion") and will be doing some more walking soon.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I'm up to 582 calories burned so far and I hope to get another short workout in this evening.

How are the rest of you doing?
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I'm riding my stationary bike. That's about 15 miles in 45 minutes( ave PMH 20)
  • Monda
    Options
    YAY! I am so happy for everyone! I just finished my exercise. I walked for 93 minutes and burned 634 calories today. I did it! It was hard for me because I usually only walk for 45 minutes and only burn 300 calories. I doubled it. I hope to do this again tomorroe! :)
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Yea! I did 644! I can't believe it :-)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Cool. After I got done with my 30 minutes of running, I walked for another 25 minutes. (And I lifted weights afterward.)

MFP & the treadmill both agreed that it was around 875 calories. =)
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I did it too! It helps to know someone else is out there doing what needs to be done! THANKS!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Final total--694. Thanks, Monda, for starting this challenge.
  • Monda
    Options
    So happyfor everyone! Looks like we all did fantastic. Keep up the good work! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Super job everyone!!!:drinker: Came across your thread and want to jump in on one of your challenges in the future so thought I'd say hello:wink: