Excel formula

Options
srv524
srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
Looking for an excel formula for weight loss. Checking google and I find the same formula with different variations but when I do it myself, it doesn't look right.

A1= starting weight
A2 = latest weight

=(A2-A1)/A1

For example-

Me - 218.8, now 218. Formula shows -.00366 weight loss. This seems really low, even as part of my overall weight. I thought there was something where we multiplied it by 100?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    are you looking for a percentage of total weight lost?
    in that case you are correct you need to multiply by 100 to get percentage i.e. 0.366%
  • FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BigT is correct.

It should be:

=((A2-A1)/A1)*100

:)
  • srv524
    Options
    Yes, percentage of total weight lost. So % of 218.8 in my case. I'll use the below, thanks!
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you are using Excel, you could also just change the cell format to Percentage instead of multiplying by 100.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump for that ^
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump for that ^

^^^ x2
  • srv524
    Options
    I'm at my work computer so can't access this now...

Is it an add-on to your browser or separate program? Looks like it runs a macro based on your food diary on MFP and provides analysis/numbers based on that.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm at my work computer so can't access this now...

Is it an add-on to your browser or separate program? Looks like it runs a macro based on your food diary on MFP and provides analysis/numbers based on that.

Separate spreadsheet in Excel 2010 or 2013 that runs a few macros to extract your data and then provides an analysis. Self-configuring and runs at the click of one button.

Someone else wrote a browser add-on for chrome if you prefer that.
  • srv524
    Options
    Do you have the link for the chrome add-on? I've tried downloading this 4x now (using IE and chrome) and it times out about 60% of the way through.
  • srv524
    Options
    Actually no that doesn't do projections.....
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Do you have the link for the chrome add-on? I've tried downloading this 4x now (using IE and chrome) and it times out about 60% of the way through.

Let me know if you are still experiencing download issues and I'll publish it to a different server.
  • srv524
    Options
    Still not downloading for me...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Since you are having trouble downloading it, here is the file available at a different location:

http://www.filedropper.com/mfp3v12

This is a one-time upload - I'll only maintain upgrades at the other location.