Chick-fil-a eating out responsibly

Options
If you could order one thing or meal from chick-fil-a that wouldn't interrupt your diet plans what would it be?

Hubby is giving me a break from dinner and taking me and the kids out for some grub. I think I am going to get the spicy chicken and, depending on lunch, maybe a small waffle fry. :-)

Replies

• DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like the Market Salad with a side of grilled chicken nuggets. I skip the lemonade (even though it is awesome) because the sugar sends me into overdrive, but I get a small order of waffle fries.

Dangit, now I want Chik Fil A....
  • jerrielynn130
    Options
    I order the Market Grill salad with light Italian dressing, leave off the granola and nut toppings and it stays inside my weight watchers points allowance.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories you have to spare. I usually get the bigger order of the chicken nuggets and I steal a few of my husband's fries. I don't do grilled chicken at fast food restaurants anymore after getting a sandwich with half-cooked chicken from McDonalds once - I've developed an irrational fear of grilled chicken on the go. And I certainly don't order salads at fast food restaurants - I'd honestly rather stay at home and throw something together. I haven't been to Chick-fil-a in months - sounds tasty.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know they have some salads there - but to me that defeats the purpose of going. I just get my normal regular Chik-fil-A sandwich and snitch a few fries off the kids or hubby! I love that place - but only go when the boss takes me out to lunch.

I just eat light the rest of the day to make it fit!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    4pc Chicken strips with a side salad.

I am a huge fan of eating out responsibly.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    The new grilled chicken sandwiches are really tasty and they're only 320cals. Chick-fil-a has a really useful nutrition database and meal builder on their website: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I know they have some salads there - but to me that defeats the purpose of going. I just get my normal regular Chik-fil-A sandwich and snitch a few fries off the kids or hubby! I love that place - but only go when the boss takes me out to lunch.

I just eat light the rest of the day to make it fit!

Heyyyy, we basically said the same thing. Great minds think alike. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Breaded chicken with extra pickles. I worked at Chick-Fil-A in college and still love it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like the Market Salad with a side of grilled chicken nuggets. I skip the lemonade (even though it is awesome) because the sugar sends me into overdrive, but I get a small order of waffle fries.

Dangit, now I want Chik Fil A....

The amount of sugar they pour into that is unbelievable. But so good. It's so intense that sometimes I add a little water to dilute the lemonade.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Our Chick-Fil-A just introduced grilled nuggets. So good and so light. I get the 12 piece grilled nugget with a side salad. Totally within my target range for a meal with no adjustments needed elsewhere to make it fit.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A has some legit choices.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Any of the grilled sandwiches are pretty good choices, but I usually get the nuggets and fries and just make room for it in my day.

ETA: There's no way I'm going to Chik-fil-a and NOT getting those waffle fries.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to their Cobb Salads! I do lunch there about once a week.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I usually get nuggets with a side of fruit there. Had nuggets with a banana for breakfast this morning.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I typically won't go to Chick-Fil-A for personal reasons but we ordered it recently at work (I don't turn down free lunch) and man, I forgot how delicious and moist their chicken nuggets are.

But holy sodium! Not really worth it to me.

Although it's been ages, I also like the original sandwich...as a vehicle for the mayo. Yum. haha

I really have never cared for their waffle fries.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    490 calories for spicy chicken sandwich, can't beat that. Their grilled sandwiches are super yummy too. 430 for the char grilled.

Skip the chic fil a sauce and get the buffalo sauce at 10 calories each instead.

Chic fil a is awesome, just avoid the waffle fries and lemonade.
  • ddunk
    ddunk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We seem to do Chick-Fil-A a lot any more and I always get the 8 piece nuggets and original chicken sandwich. One package of mustard one of BBQ sauce and a water.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    We eat at chick fil a weekly.

I either get the market or Cobb salad with vinaigrette dressing, only using half.

Or I order the kids 6 piece nuggets, fruit cup, unsweetened tea and I trade my toy in for the kiddie size ice cream.
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is making me think of other places that have non-breaded chicken.

Buffalo Wild Wings - 6 Naked Tenders: 258 cal

Popeyes - 3 Blackened Tenders: 170 cal

Chick-Fil-A - 12 Grilled Nuggets: 200 cal
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find when eating out I have to watch sodium more carefully. I can usually fit fast food calories easily enough, but the sodium has me retaining water pretty fiercely.