Yay! Week and a Half -- down 9 lbs!

Options
Im sooo excited, I just had to tell someone! I am one of those weigh yourself every day kind of people, and it feels like it has slowly been coming off, until today when I stepped on the scale and it said 183.5. I was 191 at the beginning of last week. I believe it is just the water weight that has come off and results will most surely slow down now but thats great! I can't wait to see something in the 170's LOL!!
I have been trying to eat 1200 cal's a day, sometimes I may go over a bit (like the other day I had like 5 big glasses of wine and I think I went over by a lot!). I have also been excersising 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the eliptical. Its hard to get through but once I'm done I feel sooo good, and feel very motivated and pleased with myself.
As for fat loss, I think I see more of a difference in my face and in my hips for sure.
After having my baby 19 months ago, I put on ALOT of weight during my pregnancy and post partum.

Here's to another 9 lbs! Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, and we can do this!

Replies

• angela22
    Options
    Im sooo excited, I just had to tell someone! I am one of those weigh yourself every day kind of people, and it feels like it has slowly been coming off, until today when I stepped on the scale and it said 183.5. I was 191 at the beginning of last week. I believe it is just the water weight that has come off and results will most surely slow down now but thats great! I can't wait to see something in the 170's LOL!!
    I have been trying to eat 1200 cal's a day, sometimes I may go over a bit (like the other day I had like 5 big glasses of wine and I think I went over by a lot!). I have also been excersising 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the eliptical. Its hard to get through but once I'm done I feel sooo good, and feel very motivated and pleased with myself.
    As for fat loss, I think I see more of a difference in my face and in my hips for sure.
    After having my baby 19 months ago, I put on ALOT of weight during my pregnancy and post partum.

Here's to another 9 lbs! Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone, and we can do this!
  • angela22
    Options
    Couldnt find an edit button, Also just wanted to say this website kicks *kitten*!! I love it! If I didnt have it's easy tracker I would be lost. I really love it, and it gives me more motivation to keep going!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    WOHOOO! Congrats Angela... just be safe in losing the weight. Don't want to lose it too fast!

Keep up the good work!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Angela! Sounds like my weight! Last week or the week before I was starting to lose hope! I am finally starting to lose some of the weight that I have worked so hard to lose. My weight was like a yo-yo, but now it's finally starting to stay down. Thanks to hard work, this site and friends I have met on the message boards, I feel empowered to do whatever I want...well, at least for today! :)
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Way to go Angela!!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :-) Keep up the great work!
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!...keep it up!
  • TreeSaw
    Options
    That's awesome! :) Congrats and good luck on the next 9 :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Great job TreeSaw ! Keep sawing away at that weight!

~cm
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Go Angela! That's great!

Sorry Angela! I didn't mean TreeSaw! (Although next week, TreeSaw will be posting big losses, too!)

cm
  • angela22
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the well wishes, much appreciated!! This site will be the reason me and all of you lose the weight we so desperatly want to loose. I know we all can do it! I'll keep posting updates on me, and I want to hear updates from all of you too!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I was super down on myself over the weekend and almost didn't come back on the website and I'm SO GLAD I DID! Angela, I read where you said you had 5 big glasses of wine and that put you over on calories. On Sunday night I was sitting around and mindlessley ate frosted animal cookies... seriously I almost at the whole bag by the time I realized what I was doing. Then I just went into a self hating downward spiral. BUT... here's the good news... I went to the gym on Monday and had a great food day. Yesterday was more of the same goodness and so far today I'm on track to have another good day.

I just love reading all of the positive things people write and it's motivating. Every day is a battle! Thanks for sharing your stories everyone!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Way to keep going, Katie! I'm glad you didn't give up, it is a bummer when we mess up, but every day is a new day. Good luck for the rest of your week!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Stay with us Katie! you can do this!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    We are all HUMAN, we all do something we shouldn't now and then. I think many of us are perfectionists and if we mess up, we get the "Forget it" mentality because now there is s flaw. The best line I read was in a "Self" magazine and the writer wrote, "Repeat after me: You...Don't...Have...To...Be...Perfect." That one line has helped me more than almost anything else motivational. You would tell a friend to get back in the saddle and not focus on the "oops", right? So, be a friend to yourself and do the same for YOU! :-)