my normal workouts and adding P90X

Options
I'd like some advice on this. so i work out almost every day 30 min in the morning with weights and normally about an hour every day of cardio.. but im thinking about changing it around and doing

AM
PM
WEIGHTS
Chest, Back, Ab Ripper X
HIKINING
Plyometrics (maybe some other cardio)
WEIGHTS
Shoulders, Arms, Ab Ripper X
STRETCHING X
Yoga X
WEIGHTS
Legs, Back, Ab Ripper X
HIKING
Kenpo X (or some other cardio)
REST

FEW SIDE NOTES: i cant do jumping jacks and some other stuff cause i live on the second story apt and i do respect my neighbors... but im sure i can do treadmill or some other cardio to make up for it... Im afraid that this is intense... and im worried about missing a day cause i also goto school full time... but i really want to see my body get thos P90X results....

what do ya'll think?

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't overtrain. The most important thing to remember is that rest is just as important as working out for muscle growth to occur. Get your nutrition right while you rest. Check out the shakeology on my site (www. fitbuilt4life.net). It will help you get all of your daily fruits, veggies and protein. Good luck.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The thing with weight training, the muscles need time to rest, when you do weight training in the morning, and then P90X weights in the evening, you maybe overlapping a mucle, and cause yourself more arm than good.

If you want to do two work outs a day, I would recommond cardio, versus doing weights twice a day

P90X aint no joke, and the weight training days does drain the body, so make sure you get your protein, and eat healthy

Goodluck
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I didn't complete the P90X program...but I did it for 2 weeks. I do plan on starting again. Honestly, the program is tough. But even in the infomercial, they tell you to do what you can. If you've purchased the program...just try to do as much as you can. I'm sure you will see results. If you can't do certain things at home, I would incorporate those exercises when you are at the gym. Good luck! :o)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    in my experience, p90x is a force to be reckoned with! i would not double up doing weights in the am and p90x strength in the evening. if you want to mix it, i would try it this way:

weights-plyo
    hiking-chest, back, abs
    weights-kenpo
    stretching x-legs, back, abs
    weights-yoga x
    hiking-shoulders, arms, abs
    rest

grouped like this, maybe you won't be as likely to overextend your muscle groups. also, you can work upper body on your hiking days instead of overtaxing your legs with cardio. personally, there is no way that i would double up strength sessions with tony horton involved! good luck and have fun!
  • SonyaVelonis
    Options
    I'm in my second round of P90X right now and have had amazing results. I would say don't overdo the exercise, focus more on your diet. It's 80% of the battle. I never believed this before but it's true. I have gotten my great results by following the classic program,shakeology once a day, and eating clean. It works!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Dude - you trying to kill yourself?
    Have you tried P90X yet?
    You're nuts! Good luck!
    Haahaa!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Dude - you trying to kill yourself?
    Have you tried P90X yet?
    You're nuts! Good luck!
    Haahaa!

BAHAHAHHAH thats awesome!! no pain no gain :P
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    in my experience, p90x is a force to be reckoned with! i would not double up doing weights in the am and p90x strength in the evening. if you want to mix it, i would try it this way:

weights-plyo
    hiking-chest, back, abs
    weights-kenpo
    stretching x-legs, back, abs
    weights-yoga x
    hiking-shoulders, arms, abs
    rest

grouped like this, maybe you won't be as likely to overextend your muscle groups. also, you can work upper body on your hiking days instead of overtaxing your legs with cardio. personally, there is no way that i would double up strength sessions with tony horton involved! good luck and have fun!

weights (chest and biceps)-plyo (or other Cardio)
    chest, back, abs (P90X) -hiking
    weights (triceps and back) -kenpo(or other cardio)
    legs, back, abs(P90X)--stretching x
    weights(Legs and shoulds -yoga x
    shoulders, arms, abs ----hiking
    rest

HMMMMMMM how about that??? think i can make it??? lol if its to hard i can always adjust but im gonna wait to start this monday O_O

i see maybe three weeks on one week off.... just cause of how much this will do to my body... i know that over pushing is not good either...

also i wanna do all my lifting and stuff in the morning cause i take NO (mri black powder) in the morning so it helps me out some O_O
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    weights (chest and biceps)-plyo (or other Cardio)
    chest, back, abs (P90X) -hiking
    weights (triceps and back) -kenpo(or other cardio)
    legs, back, abs(P90X)--stretching x
    weights(Legs and shoulds -yoga x
    shoulders, arms, abs ----hiking
    rest

one last suggestion - you have two days of leg weights in a row. i would switch the second leg day with the shoulders/arms/abs day to avoid this. otherwise, looks good to me!