HELP!

Options
Hello MFPers!

Does anyone ever have days where you feel hungry ALL THE TIME?! OMG... How do I curve this? HELP!

Replies

• katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! They usually occur when it's just before my TOM. I want to eat like a horse. Or eat a horse. Either. FOOD.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Today!!! I feel like getting one of everything from the vending machine as a snack!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would drink some water then find something to distract you for 10-20 minutes. You may find yourself so involved with what you are doing that you are not hungry anymore, or at least not as ravenous. If that doesn't work, have a small snack that includes protein, fat, and fiber. This should help keep you feeling full for a while.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Those days are the WORST! Here's my own little mind game... One hour at a time. You can do this until 12:00. 12:00 gets here and you did it! Victory!!! Ok, you can do this until 1:00. And you can!! Meanwhile, water water water!!! At the end of the day, you will be proud that you didn't give in and eat everything in sight. :) Best of luck to you!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Well, let's start with the obvious question: are you eating enough? Clue: 1200 cal/day is rarely enough.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    definitely. I just commented to somebody on my friends list about this yesterday. some days it doesn't seem to matter how much or what I eat ... no matter how much protein or fats I eat (I don't eat much in the way of carbs anyway) or how much water I gulp down, I am hungry all the time. so finally I just give up. but I've learned to not give up and just grab whatever. I just give up and say to heck with it. it goes away after a while. but I know it is NOT a head thing. it's definitely my stomach is HUNGRY. who the heck knows what's going on.

now if this had been PRE-diet time ... Lord only knows what I'd have gotten into. the sky would have been the limit. I could have downed probably 3-4000 calories, no problem. Progress, that's for sure. Sorry, I guess I'm no help to you :frown:
  • Beautys1Tragedy
    Beautys1Tragedy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is a great idea. I will certainly try this!