For those who like guac

Nedra19455
Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
We were making chicken burgers this week and my husband asked me to pick up some guac.

A littl backstory: I love guacomole, but I find that it just doesn't taste the same when it's put back into the fridge. A whole avocado's worth of guac is just way too much for me and my husband alone, but I always feel weird putting it away for later because I know it won't taste as good....so I usually end up over-indulging.

Anyway, when I went to the grocery store, I saw that they had these little 100 calorie cups of guacomole in the salad section. The brand was Wholly Guacomole -- it was the only brand of prepared guac that they had at target.

Omg. They are amazing! I take about a third of it and spread it on my sandwich in place of the mayo. Then I use the other half with my 1 oz portion of tortilla chips as a dip. For the same calories as 1 tbs of mayo, I get a satisfying spread and dip for my lunch! And it doesn't go brown because it's portioned out!

Just wanted to share. Obviously you could do the same thing with portioned amounts of homemade guac, but if you're like me and tend to overdo it on the guac (and, therefore, on the chips) when you worry about food waste, then this is a great solution!

Replies