Increased metabolism

Options
Is it possible that I have kick started my metabolism by changing my eating and exercising habits? Because the weight is flying off now...it's very odd, but I'm not complaining. :laugh: My mom said when she changed her eating habits....the same thing happened to her. They weight flew off.

It was slow at first, but now...now it seems like I'm starting to drop a little faster. I'm not really doing anything different. I guess I'm walking alittle bit more, but not much. However, on the weekends, I'm busting my but at work...

Does your metabolism increase when you loose weight? I know it slows down when you're heavier...???

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Is it possible that I have kick started my metabolism by changing my eating and exercising habits? Because the weight is flying off now...it's very odd, but I'm not complaining. :laugh: My mom said when she changed her eating habits....the same thing happened to her. They weight flew off.

It was slow at first, but now...now it seems like I'm starting to drop a little faster. I'm not really doing anything different. I guess I'm walking alittle bit more, but not much. However, on the weekends, I'm busting my but at work...

Does your metabolism increase when you loose weight? I know it slows down when you're heavier...???
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    yuppers especially with more muscle tone, but remember this IS NOT a get out of jail free card with eating whatever you want!!!! keep that in mind, don't let it get to you that you can eat anything(in moderation for treats)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    um can I just say I'm jealous!!!!! lol

and happy for you!

hugs!
    Ali
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! It is also some inspiration to get to that point as well for myself!!! Good job, the first few weeks is always the hardest for me to stick to, and i keep falling into bad habits, but knowing it gets easier helps.......thanks for the post Cara
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    yuppers especially with more muscle tone, but remember this IS NOT a get out of jail free card with eating whatever you want!!!! keep that in mind, don't let it get to you that you can eat anything(in moderation for treats)

Hey thanks everyone for the posts....Did you read my mind?? Ha ha.....Gonna keep in mind that I STILL have to eat in moderation. Thanks.

I weighed in and I'm down 33 pounds....33 left to go!! :drinker:

As for the first couple of weeks..I agree...It was hard to give up my comfort foods. I thought I was going to loose my mind! I went through a lot of packs of gum those couple of weeks or more! :laugh: The part that was bad for me is when I got stuck at 16. I couldn't seem to loose anymore weight. I was getting a little beside myself wondering what I could have done wrong. Hormones, stress, too much sodium, not enough this, too much of that....I have no clue, but once it started again, I was like....Whoa! Hold on to your socks! LOL!

This is totally doable! I never thought in a million years that I would be able to do this so easily.

Thank you for being so supportive. I really believe that without this MFP, I wouldn't have made it this far! :love: