Snickers!!!! Ahhh can't stay away!!!

osram34
osram34 Posts: 54
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Just a little story see what u all think about my wiered tactics. Little background on my last weigh in and my diet.... so ive been eating "HEALTHY" except for my one true weakness "snickers" and i have still managed to loose 5 pounds (-2%bf and +1%mm) so its been working out for me. Eventhough i know i need to stop eating those darn snickers i dont for some crazy chocolate adiction or so i believe. So I hear from my cusine that costco has a 6 lbs muscle milk for 30 dollars. Which is great since now i can take the 3 shakes a day that i need without hurting my bank account :) So thats is the real reason why i went to costco, as im walking towards the registers i run across a 48 pack of snickersssss and my crazy #*(# puts it in the cart :S Thinking well ill save about 60 to 70 cents per bar which i buy constantly at the corner store... only to find out that when i see this box in my kitchen ive managed to stay away from it and i can now safely walk by the candy bars and not crave a snickers.... ???? HUH WHAT I SOLVED MY ADDICTION IN THE MOST RANDOM WAY. how is this possible???

Replies

• CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    People always crave what they can't have... Now you have convinced yourself you can have it... Therefore you don't crave it :)
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Just send 'em my way. I think I can knock down 48 snickers in about a week.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Hey, if you have self control and can eat one not so often, then I think you'll be ok.

My husband also bought that huge pack at Sam's Club. I only ate one out of the whole thing and I ate half of one at a time.
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    That's awesome! Good for you. You have won the power struggle with the Snickers. Ok I know that sounds weird, but it is a great phsychological tool. For some reason you can resist them better at home than you can in the store, and just having them at home is enough to keep you from buying them in the store. So congrats to you for winnig that battle, even if you didn't realize that is what you were doing at the time.
  • I'm not sure you need to give up your Snickers bar as long as you can fit it into your calorie plan for the day. Since I'm a long distance runner, I'll rip into a Snickers, and be happy about it. If somebody questions me about my Snickers, I'll tell them, "It's counted."
  • segill
    segill Posts: 6
    If you're not going to eat them, can I have them :tongue:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Maybe by the Halloween size and have 2 of those each time you crave one. This should hit your craving for only a third of the calories of the full bar.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    There is no bad foods that any one should never eat. With that said, as in all things, it how much you eat of anything. Nothing wrong with having that special treat now and then, that's for sure.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    I went through the same thing with 3 muskeeters last week (and still managed to loose 4.4 pounds) but what I did was I took one (1) candy bar cut it into 12 pieces, placed it in a sandwich bag and put it in the freezer. Then when I was craving it I went and got a little square. Craving satisfied without tempting myself with the whole thing.

Other options - give them away for Halloween. Buy the little bites and eat one at a time (I tried looking for this size in the 3 musketeers and couldn't find them that's why I ended up cutting up the big one.).

Good luck in getting over these cravings.

Eva
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Like they say you crave some more if you can't have it, but since it's right there and you know you can have one when you need it your not craving them as much! I have the same issue with my wine lol.... :laugh:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Just send 'em my way. I think I can knock down 48 snickers in about a week.

Haha, it would take you a whole week?! Give me the weekend, I can take care of it for you!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Other options - give them away for Halloween. Buy the little bites and eat one at a time (I tried looking for this size in the 3 musketeers and couldn't find them that's why I ended up cutting up the big one.).

VERY good idea!

I LOVED that one family that gave away full-sized candy bars. They were awesome.
This discussion has been closed.