mean green juice alternatives?

Options
I initially posted this under recipes but haven't received any responses yet. :smile:

I want to juice again but I CANNOT stand the Mean Green Juice recipe. Anything that tastes like grass will gross me out! I don't want to do all fruit though. I also don't like tomatoes. Does anyone know of any recipes for a healthy juice that doesn't taste like the Mean Green one? Thanks so much!

Replies

• saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry, but mean green juice is the bomb.

i like tossing kale (4 leaves), carrots (2), celery (3 stalks), strawberries (~10), and maybe some red grapes (couple handfuls) into a juice. cucumber and celery are easily masked by other flavors, in my experience, so you could also do 1 cucumber, 4 stalks of celery, and an orange and it would taste like OJ.

i don't know of any recipes, really, i usually just throw whatever i have in there and hope for the best. i do NOT advise melon and cabbage juice, though, it is hella nasty.
  • cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't have a juicer, I have a vitamix, but I have a green smoothie every morning. This is what I use:

1.5 c Baby Spinach
    .5 c Baby Kale
    1/2/banana
    1/2 c pineapple

because it's a smoothie I also add protein powder, 1/2 c almond milk and ground flaxseed. I can't really taste the greens (wouldn't like it if I could). My husband likes to add a clementine (Cutie) to his also. We have found that adding the fruit covers the taste of the greens. We have used peaches, strawberries and blueberries from time to time also. Hope that helps.
  • ballen2013
    ballen2013 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you! :)