Massive "shrimp cake" for under 300 cal!

Options

Replies

• droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looks delish, thank you for posting!
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you ^.^ Bumping to save. Sold at shrimp.
  • HikeCalifornia
    Options
    YUM!! Thanks!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Sound great
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later! :)
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of making this "shrimp cake". My husband and I are having it for dinner tonight. The potatoe / pepper/ cajin mix tastes wonderful so far! I just added the shrimp to the mix and placed it in the fridge until ready to be pan fried.

The hardest thing I had to do was find the "cajin" seasoning, not readily available here in the Southwest! The only seasoning I could find was by McCormick, called "Perfect Pinch" -- Cajin, and I think it is critical to the recipe, so I am glad I persevered and found it.

I have a question about the red pepper. I am used to flaming the peppers to remove the skins, so I did so before putting the pepper in the blender to puree. Does the recipe call for this? I also added the cajin seasoning to the sauce.....

I will report back later........
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I will be making this sometime this week! Thanks for posting. @Chopsart, I assume flaming it is similar or the same as roasting it? Either way, I think that would enhance the flavor of the shrimp cake! Great suggestion!
  • charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds good but 45 mins to an hour? The potatoes would be soup by then! Surely 20 mins is generally enough time to make mash?

Really depends on the potato and how hot the water is... Bottom line, you want to be able to mash the potato super easy, even with a fork.

You know, it's really funny. I always see recipes mentioning that it takes 20 minutes to boil potatoes for mashing... not in this house (heck, carrots either, they take close to one hour to be done!). Go figure.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This looks so good and I love potatoes, I am going to make this for me and my mother.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Still wish I had a food processor to blend the peppers.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This actually looks and sounds good.
  • FeistyGirl007
    FeistyGirl007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    To Good Cookie----> Great idea, for a great recipe! :bigsmile:
  • FeistyGirl007
    FeistyGirl007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yummmmy! :love:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks, definitely going to try :)
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We just had the "Shrimp Cake" for dinner, and as my husband said-- "this is a keeper". This dish is tasty, low calorie, protein laden, and very filling. I am planning on making it again at the end of the week.

I will admit I had trouble flipping such a large cake over in the pan while browning, the first one was rather a mess to look at. I decided to divide my half into 2 parts so it was easier to flip.

Try it, you will like it!

NYIBALLS-- thank you for creating and posting this recipe. Your pictures made it clear.
  • mommyleech
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this!!!! Thankyou!!!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Going to give this a go but make smaller cakes like the size of a cupcake. Thanks for the recipe...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I'll have to get shrimp the next time I'm out!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    OOOH sounds good, think I might try this as well !