Sugar withdrawl

Options
13»

Replies

• shorshabae
    shorshabae Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    DONT SEE A DOCTOR!

What would you expect them to do? Lock you in a dark room with only carrot sticks?!

From the sounds of this you have a mental addiction to chocolate and by describing severe physical symptoms like this you are justifying to yourself why you can eat chocolate.

At the end of the day just don't have it in the house, refuse to acknowledge that it is an option in snacking.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I can totally relate to this! I always feel the need to have chocolate ugh. And then I feel bad for eating crap so I try and eat less of everything else. It's a **** cycle, and it's so unhealthy :(
    What is so unhealthy about chocolate?
    just eating milk chocolate makes me feel so gross, I don't know...

So wait... you feel like you need to have something that makes you feel gross?
    no, I just feel gross afterwards

You said you always feel the need to have chocolate. Milk chocolate makes you feel gross after you eat it. Therefore, you feel the need to have something that makes you feel gross. I have to say, I don't understand that at all. How do you want something that makes you feel gross?

I love eating big macs but I feel gross afterwards. But I wouldn't turn down a big mac if someone approached me with it right now, even knowing I'd feel gross or sick after eating it.

Eating disorders come in a variety of forms. Some people don't understand, and that is ok, but it is a real thing.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also OP, sugar addiction and sugar withdrawal is real. Go see a dr, best of luck!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a real thing! You can gradually cut it out. I don't think that I would try and just cut it all out. You could start eating chocolate kisses or something to be enough to get you through.

Yes I think I will try a few weeks of a small bit a day before going cold turkey. I have read a few articles on the sugar addiction, and every symptom I have listed is mentioned in regards to sugar withdrawal.

Oic. This is another one of those mind game things.

You know, I can talk myself into panic attacks, my heart palpitations feel like I'm going to pass out and I feel as though I can't breathe. The room spins. It feels real. But it's all in my head. Sometimes, mind over matter. Realizing that you have the power over your mind is a reassuring feeling but slipping into the mindset of "Oh, it's an addiction and I can't control it." Is a slippery slope of misplacing blame

I have not said I have an addiction I asked if it is a real thing as a side question to my original question (how to deal with sugar withdrawal). The person who replied said it was a real thing, I replied that I had read articles sugar addiction, then went on to say my symptoms relate to sugar withdrawal. I didn't say my symptoms relate to sugar addiction. Calm down.

In order for there to be a withdrawal there has to be an addiction. You can't withdraw from something to which your body is not addicted.