60 lbs down

Options
jbrixe00
jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
My highest weight (that I know of) was 330 lbs. In Nov 2013 I got down to 317.8 lbs without really realizing it - my husband started working nights and was no longer cooking yummy meals for us. January 3, 2014 I decided if I could lose without trying imagine what I could do WITH trying. I logged back in to mfp and haven't looked back since. I have logged in every day! Today I weighed in at 267.6 lbs and I feel great!

Before this, my thought process was always I don't know where to start because there is so much to lose and the thought of extra skin worried me. I now know I would rather have extra skin than the extra weight.

Today I took a new face picture and was shocked to see the difference because when I look in the mirror I don't recognize how significant losing 63 lbs has been for me. I know my clothes fit way different but I don't SEE it in the mirror.

e9da9afb-3e6f-4e20-8eda-3ad698122bec.jpg

Replies

• victoria43068
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Great job! Keep it up-you are doing so well!
  • egoodsell1115
    Options
    How fabulous for you! Keep up the good work. You have just inspired me to be accountable for every day of my life. Peace :smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    looking good!!!

You're doing great! Keep it up!

And some ppl have the loose skin, some don't. just make sure to do strength training & cardio. Loose skin is better than: diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, and other overweight related health issues! :flowerforyou:
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You must be able to see your success everytime you look in the mirror! :)
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I was nervous posting this :)

In the beginning I was wearing size 26 jeans and they were beginning to get tight on me. In February I managed to put on a pair of size 24 jeans that were too small to zip before and they were very tight and I couldn't comfortably wear them but was SO excited I got them on. Those jeans are now loose and I can grab extra fabric in the thigh area and the butt area. I can now put on a pair of 22's that I haven't worn in years!! When I went to try them on I was thinking ok I'll see how far up I can get them, totally not expecting them to zip!!

Loose skin - I can see in my lower abdomen where my skin is wrinkly now but I'm hoping it won't be a big deal. Like you said loose skin is way better than any health problems. Luckily I have always had good blood pressure and haven't had anything negative BUT that doesn't mean any of those things wouldn't eventually show up.

I've done a lot of reading on the forums and was hoping maybe this would help someone else like the other posts have helped me!
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thank you for sharing. That is inspiring.:flowerforyou:
  • StilletoPumps0110
    Options
    Im so happy for you and I bet you feel great! Congrats!
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations! :D
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love inspiring posts!
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the change! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!