Pork Chop Recipe Wanted...

Options
Christie23
Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
One of my favorite pork chop recipes was Apricot Pork, where you browned them and then sauteed them in fresh apricots, honey and garlic. But, apricots are super expensive right now because they're not really in season. (Not to mention, hard to find...) So, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite healthy pork chop recipe is?

Replies

• grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    could you substitue apples?
  • lbooth7447
    Options
    I have a couple... will have to post one of them when i get home its a sweet and spicy one. Theres mustard, honey, red pepper flakes and you pan fry them...

The other: Coat chops (boneless) in dijon mustard and a little salt & pepper. Then dip in panko crumbs (brown in the oven first i spray a little Pam olive oil on them and broil for a couple minutes) Then bake at 375 for 25-45 minutes depending on the thickness.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Baked with you favorite seasoning with apple sauce on the side.
    Crush Ritz Crackers in zip-lock bag add your favorite seasoning rinse pork chops then toss one in one at a time and coat with crackers mixture.
    Grilled.
    Stuffed with stuffing and baked.
    Bake with honey and pepper.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I usually put mine in the oven with cubed sweet potatoes and squash
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but my favorite is just a bit of olive oil in a pan and sear them up for a few minutes. Delicious!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!! You've given me some delicious ideas!! :flowerforyou:
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a couple... will have to post one of them when i get home its a sweet and spicy one. Theres mustard, honey, red pepper flakes and you pan fry them...

The other: Coat chops (boneless) in dijon mustard and a little salt & pepper. Then dip in panko crumbs (brown in the oven first i spray a little Pam olive oil on them and broil for a couple minutes) Then bake at 375 for 25-45 minutes depending on the thickness.

sounds great. bump!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ooo i'm making porkchops tonight too...i'm thinking I will either toss them in frenchbread crumbs, or spicey thai chili sauce...or just put Mrs. Dash on them...I always bake them though
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How long and what temp. do u bake them?
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have one:

Porkchops (thawed out)
    1 Large Can of Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
    1 Cup of Orange Juice
    1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
    or 1 1/2 Orange-Pinapple Juice
    2 Cups White Rice
    Mrs. Dash to taste
    Shredded Cheese

Cook White Rice up......
    Mix Rice with Mrs. Dash, Cream of Mushroom Soup & Juice
    Place Porkchops in bottom of Casserole dish.
    Cover Porkchops with Rice mixture.
    Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes on 350
    Take out 15 minutes early and sprinkle with shredded cheese...replace and let melt for remaining time.

** You can also add Broccoli Florets or Extra Mushrooms to this recipe to taste.**
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Could you sub in some apricot jelly/jam in lieu of the fresh fruit?
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will fit your tatebuds, but I make a chile verde (green chile) with all types of pork. I chop the pork up in bite-size pieces, season with pepper then throw them in a pan with green chile sauce. You can use the jar stuff they have a most markets, or make your own. Here's the recipe I use for my green chile:
    **note: this makes a LARGE bowl, but we use it on everything!

6 to 10 tomatillos
    1-4 jalapenos (depending on how much heat you want)
    1/2 cup onions
    2 large cloves garlic
    about 1 cup cilantro (or more if desired)
    salt

Peel and wash tomatillos then boil with garlic and jalapenos until they change color. pour a bit of the water they've boiled in into a blender along with tomatillos, onions, garlic and cilanto. Start with 1 jalapeno. Add more to get desired heat. Add salt to taste.

Use this over eggs, beans, on pork, for tacos and burritos, or just for chips and salsa. I bake my own tortilla chips! cut up corn tortillas into triangles. place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray cooking spray over tortillas then add salt, if desired. Cook at 350 for aprox 15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have one:

Porkchops (thawed out)
    1 Large Can of Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
    1 Cup of Orange Juice
    1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
    or 1 1/2 Orange-Pinapple Juice
    2 Cups White Rice
    Mrs. Dash to taste
    Shredded Cheese

Cook White Rice up......
    Mix Rice with Mrs. Dash, Cream of Mushroom Soup & Juice
    Place Porkchops in bottom of Casserole dish.
    Cover Porkchops with Rice mixture.
    Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes on 350
    Take out 15 minutes early and sprinkle with shredded cheese...replace and let melt for remaining time.

** You can also add Broccoli Florets or Extra Mushrooms to this recipe to taste.**

This sounds great! do you have any nutrition info on this?
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm actually making this tonight. It's perfect on cold nights!

Apple-Crusted Veal with Sweet Potatoes
    2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 pound(s) lean veal loin
    1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    3 small sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 medium apple(s), McIntosh, cored and diced
    1 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
    2 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    Instructions

* Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.

* Season veal all over with salt and pepper; place in prepared pan. Arrange potatoes and apples around veal; coat apples and potatoes with cooking spray.

* In a small bowl, combine applesauce, vinegar, mustard and cumin; pour over veal.

* Roast veal until cooked through (or a thermometer inserted in center reads 160ºF) and potatoes are fork-tender, about 40 minutes. Let veal stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin slices. Yields about 3 ounces veal and 1 cup vegetable-fruit mixture per serving.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You can really use this recipe with any cut of pork. I tried it and it was simple, yet delicious! I got it from the Giant grocery store receipes.

Roast Pork Loin with Caramelized Onions
    Makes: 8 5-oz. servings
    Prep Time: 20 Minutes + marinating
    Cook Time: 25 Minutes

Ingredients:
    2 ½ lbs. center cut pork loin roast
    ½ tsp. salt
    ½ tsp. black pepper
    ¼ tsp. dried thyme
    1 tsp. canola oil
    1 tsp. butter
    1 lrg. Sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pork in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. While pork is roasting, heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until onions become soft. Continue to cook, stirring, until evenly brown. Remove pork from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Surround pork slices with cooked onions.

Nutritional Facts:
    300 calories, 17g fat, 6g saturated fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein