need to make weight to skydive

Options
Hi, I'm trying to figure out if this is possible for me or not, my stats are 5'3' and 174 lbs female-I need to be between 150-160 lbs to be able to skydive in 48 days. July 19th. I've opened my diary to the public so if anyone could take a look and let me know if Im doing this correctly? Am I eating the right amount of calories? working out enough? I seem to be bloated a lot, water retention?
HELP please

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've lost 11 pounds already. Obviously you are dong something right. For this reason, I found no reason to look at your diary.

14 to 24 pounds is not much weight to lose. If you lost those 14 pounds, you would have to do so at a rate of 2 pounds per week because it's only seven weeks until your skydive date. I think your goal is unrealistic because you don't have much weight left to lose, and because weight loss is not linear.

Is there a weight requirement for skydiving or do you just want to look good for skydiving?

If it's the former, I'd suggest skydiving when you have already met the weight requirement, but if it's the latter I suggest that you go skydiving anyway and enjoy yourself. :smile:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily doubting you OP but 160 pounds seems like a very strict weight policy for skydiving. It would eliminate most men.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've skydived up to 200 lbs without a problem...

If the place you are going only has chutes that work up to 160 lbs I would either get some great life insurance or find a new place to dive.

Don't stress about it unless the place you are going has some incredibly odd policies. You're gonna be decked out in a wind suit, goggles and probably a helmet so no one is gonna know how beautiful you are under all that stuff anyway.
  • jenniepinch83
    jenniepinch83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not for vanity at all-its based on height to weight-they told me that I needed to be between 150-160 at my height. When I first booked it I was less weight (feb), but then I quit smoking (103 days..YEAH) so I gained to 180lbs and now I'm almost back to where I started. 150-160 is not my over all goal weight, I have more then that to lose but this is the number i'm working on for now. Had I not quit smoking in the process I don't think this weight loss amount would have been a problem but I'm not regreting that decision to quit when I did, just looking for some guidance to keep losing as 7 weeks at 2 lbs a week is 14 lbs.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Such overly ambitious weight loss goals will almost certainly lead to malnutrition.

It is possible, but the amount of work you will need to put in will cause you to quit weight loss all together and rebound very quickly.

Any diet plan that will achieve your goals is, in my opinion, too dangerous to your health. So much so, that I do not feel comfortable even suggesting ideas that would achieve it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Not for vanity at all-its based on height to weight-they told me that I needed to be between 150-160 at my height. When I first booked it I was less weight (feb), but then I quit smoking (103 days..YEAH) so I gained to 180lbs and now I'm almost back to where I started. 150-160 is not my over all goal weight, I have more then that to lose but this is the number i'm working on for now. Had I not quit smoking in the process I don't think this weight loss amount would have been a problem but I'm not regreting that decision to quit when I did, just looking for some guidance to keep losing as 7 weeks at 2 lbs a week is 14 lbs.
    Right, BUT you have little to lose so setting a goal for 2 pounds a week is too aggressive and can lead to problems.

By the way, congrats on giving up the cigs. :drinker: