Flabby Skin after weighloss

Options
Hey All, I guess this is more for the women, I have lost and gained weight and then lost again, with all of this, unfortunately some places on my body have that loose skin effect, more so on my chest. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to firm the skin without surgery. I know the best way to fix this would most likely be surgery, unfortunately most of us can´t afford these kind of procedures. What kind of work outs or successes have you had? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but from what I've read it can take 2-3 years for your skin to go back as much as can. I have decided to keep up my training, wait it out and hopefully get used to it so I can getting boobs done :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy has by far been the most beneficial thing for me in this respect
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing any exercise thus far? I noticed the other day that my thighs feel firmer and more toned (I use the rowing, bike and cross trainer machines at the gym) and my chest is slightly perkier (I use the chest press machine too). I don't think the gym is speeding upmy weight loss, but I think it's helping me carry what I have better.

I saw a woman at the gym the other day who was bigger than me but who looked far better - she was toned all over. She was doing lots of exercises on gym mats - squats, lifting her leg whist lying on her side, etc. And she was using weights.

I'd definitely look into a chest press machine and some lifting. I'm still envious of that woman, her programme looks worth copying. She didn't have muscly arms, she looked toned and super feminine.
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I Haven´t been focusing on weights yet, I want to get down about 10 pore pounds, and then I will start at the gym, I´ve been doing most of my exercising at home which consists of mostly cardio. Great advice though :)