new pic of me down 43 lbs.

Options
kasuki
kasuki Posts: 74 Member
I have changed the pic of me to a recent one taken a couple days ago. This is me down 43lbs in a little over 4 months. If I can do it anyone can. When I set my goal to 140 I really thought I would probably only get down to 160 but the weight just kept coming off and I am now 139 lbs. Anyone who feels like giving up, DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT quitting is not an option. Even though I made my goal I am still going to lose a little more because now that I know I can I would like to get down closer to the weight of my twin sister. She is happy for me but she is freaking out because I have always been so much bigger then her. I just have to laugh at her and tell her it will be okay because she is small frame and I am large frame so I will never be as small as her. It's fun to call her every weekend and tell her I am down another pound or so. It makes my day.
Karen

Replies

• kasuki
    Options
    I have changed the pic of me to a recent one taken a couple days ago. This is me down 43lbs in a little over 4 months. If I can do it anyone can. When I set my goal to 140 I really thought I would probably only get down to 160 but the weight just kept coming off and I am now 139 lbs. Anyone who feels like giving up, DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT quitting is not an option. Even though I made my goal I am still going to lose a little more because now that I know I can I would like to get down closer to the weight of my twin sister. She is happy for me but she is freaking out because I have always been so much bigger then her. I just have to laugh at her and tell her it will be okay because she is small frame and I am large frame so I will never be as small as her. It's fun to call her every weekend and tell her I am down another pound or so. It makes my day.
    Karen
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Way to go :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is fabulous!!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good for you that it great!!!!!!:drinker:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    WONERFUL CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Awesome!
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    AWESOME! That is totally my GOAL! You're my hero! This is sooooo tough but one week down the road and I'm getting use to working out and eating better! I'm at 175 and it totally snuck up on me. I use to wonder, "how the heck can that even happen?" But with a desk job and tons of treats from parents and other teachers in the lounge, holy-moly....4 years and 40 pounds heavier and I'm not getting any younger! I'm so psyched that I found this site and everyone to share the struggles, cravings, sabotages, accomplishments, and testimonies....I don't know what your GOAL is but way to Lose It! (By the way....what are you doing....specific diet? Excercise?) Congrats again and shout it out LOUD!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You are off the chain in that pic! Nice work, more motivation for me to keep at it and realize I'll get there!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Kudos to you hooha!

zen
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It really shows, especially in your face! Great job!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    I am so happy for you .....plz tell me your sercet I lost 8lbs then gain 6lbs back I believe it me taking in to much protein. I need to increase my veggie and fruit . !
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You look fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I totally needed a boost today:bigsmile:
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kasuki that is fantastic. I too am 50 & it does my mind good to see that it can be done hormones or not. As we age things just go south AND east & west.Some of us here would like to know what you did. I know everyone is different & we have to find what works for us, I guess it's the curiosity. I have been struggling with the same 2.5 lbs for a month now. (Fri weight in) Up down up, down SIGH but I like the way I feel stronger from working out, happier,healthier I just want to lose more than 2.5 lbs for my efforts. Anyway way to go....Good job.....Cangrats

Sophie.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!!! such and inspiration!!!

hugs and you go w/ your bad self!!!:wink: looking great!!!
    Ali
  • kasuki
    Options
    I have been lucky. I really haven't hit a platuae as of yet. I just stuck to the recommended caloric intake this site recommended . I added more fiber ,more water, fruits and veggies like everyone on this site recommends. Ate more fish, chicken, ground turkey, cut out red meat and switched alot of my favorites to the lite or reduced fat version. As far as exercise I am a head custodian at an elementary school so I started working harder there by washing walls,etc. and doing some of things we usually don't do until summer cleaning and told myself you are burning calories, do more, you are burning calories. Our school has never looked so good. Also alot of physical yard work as it has been warm here in Georgia for a couple of months and my dog has been getting alot of workouts going for walks with me. I guess my mind and body were ready for this change because it has been easy and I can honestly say I have never had a cheat day or even felt like I needed one. I also only have to feed myself and not a family as my husband takes care of his own meals because we work different shifts and I have no kids at home. When you only have to look after yourself I think it is alot easier to make changes in what you eat as I don't have to worry whether anyone else will like what I cooked.
    Karen
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Congratulations. What a fabulous job!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WTG, chickadee!!! :drinker:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options