How many calories in whipped cream?

fatcity66
fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
I like to use a little Reddi-whip real whipped cream on my chocolate pudding, or sometimes in my coffee. The package says there are 15 calories per tablespoon and 37!! servings per canister. That is a lot of servings, so I know I use more than one serving at a time, but how the heck do you measure a tablespoon of something whipped full of air? I usually log at least 2-4 servings at a time, but I could still be way off. I have no clue.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Put the bowl on the scale, hit the tare button, add whipped cream until I get to 10 grams (Because I'm not going to eat just one serving of whip cream either!), log my 2 servings of whip cream.
  • fatcity66
    Put the bowl on the scale, hit the tare button, add whipped cream until I get to 10 grams (Because I'm not going to eat just one serving of whip cream either!), log my 2 servings of whip cream.

Oh, I weigh my other foods, but I never thought of this! Thanks so much! I have been logging them as 4 servings each (which is still only about 60 cal) after counting how many times I used it and dividing 37 by that. I may have used more or less on one day, but at least I know over all the total calories is accurate.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    First of all, don't eat ready whip. Or cool whip or whatever. The first two ingredients are hydrogenated fat and high fructose corn syrup.

Just get some real cream and whip it yourself. Takes but a minute, is far better tasting, and won't kill you.

Plus...you can measure the cream before you whip it and get an exact caloric measure.
  • fatcity66
    First of all, don't eat ready whip. Or cool whip or whatever. The first two ingredients are hydrogenated fat and high fructose corn syrup.

Just get some real cream and whip it yourself. Takes but a minute, is far better tasting, and won't kill you.

Plus...you can measure the cream before you whip it and get an exact caloric measure.

FYI:
    Reddi-wip Extra Creamy,
    Ingredients:

Cream Heavy, Milk Non-Fat, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides, Flavor(s) Natural & Artificial, Carrageenan, Nitrous Oxide

So, no, it doesn't contain either hydrogenated oil or HFCS.
  • amwbox
    My mistake about that brand then. I was just in the store the other day and noticed this:

cwingredients.jpg

But...still. Just whip your own, save some money, and know for sure. :D
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    My mistake about that brand then. I was just in the store the other day and noticed this:

cwingredients.jpg

It depends on the brand. Not all of us are into the "clean eating" btw.
  • amwbox

cwingredients.jpg

It depends on the brand. Not all of us are into the "clean eating" btw.

I'm not either, actually. There are just a few things I tend to avoid...hydrogenated fats first among them.