I'm new, and love this site!

Options
My 21 yr old daughter found your site and told me about it. She convinced me to join her. So for the month of October we have been following Myfitnesspal. I've lost about 10 lbs (haven't weighed myself this week-- it was my birthday, 'nough said!) At first I didn't like doing this. I felt like all I did was think about food, figuring out what to eat, what not to eat, it was all consuming. But actually, it showed me that was my problem: I didn't think about what I was eating! It just went in my mouth! No consideration of the sugar, fat and calories. And I wondered why my fall clothes were tight? SO....There has been a HUGE change in this house!! I shop with more thought and planning. I plan meals and eat with calories in mind. When meals come up I can't control, I make sure I exercise a little more to compensate. It's been working out beautifully! Even my husband is starting to care about what he's eating. He hasn't signed up ...yet, but I hope to encourage him to use the site too. Thanks for having this available. I've told several friends about it! :smile:

Replies