Am I hopeless?

Options
I'm a 125 lbs, 5'3 male… I feel like I look so flabby and big. I've been working since March to get the body I want and it's not happening.
Lately, I've been burning between 500-600 calories 6x a week on the bike, plus 3 different strength training circuits 6x a week as well.

My net calories (without exercise) is 1560 and I probably eat between 1700-1900 on the average day.
I also drink 4 8oz bottles of wate (or more) r and I have a lot of protein and eat very healthily for the most part (if I have a treat,the amount of calories is still under my calorie limit).

I have one of those bodies that looks skinny in clothes, but when I put on a bathing suit, it's pretty upsetting to me.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? Please don't say seek professional help, I'm just a young adult just trying to be happy with my body. I am going about this in the best way possible. I don't skip meals, I have a trainer, I go to the gym 6x a week…

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eating a lot more to be at a surplus and putting on some muscle? At 5'3 and 125 pounds you aren't overweight really. As a 20 year old guy this is like prime-time for muscle building. Wish I had done it when I was younger.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

nvm
  • Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    How much should I be eating? i don't want to be a muscle guy, I want to be slim.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    How much should I be eating? i don't want to be a muscle guy, I want to be slim.

You will not accidentally become muscle guy, becoming muscle guy takes many years of dedicated training. You lift until you like the way you look, thats about it.

How much you should eat is basically at or a little over your maintenance level which is for you to determine.