Love handles?

Options
What are some exercises that will get rid of my love handles?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Sadly, you can't spot reduce areas. The best you can do is lose weight at a moderate pace and they'll reduce eventually. Where we lose is genetic. Here's a good read to get you started

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you cannot spot-reduce. Only way to get rid of love handles is to lose sufficient bodyfat that they go away. You can do exercises to build and sculpt the muscle under the fat if you are at maintenance or caloric surplus but you cannot chose where to remove fat from your body.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I agree with both ^^. You just need to eat better and move more.
    Challenge yourself somehow.
  • Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    Perfect, so what I've been doing
    1700-1900 calories per day
    At least four 4 oz water bottles
    500-600 calories on spinner and strength training.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Get pants that fit better
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Only 4 4oz bottles of water? It is recommended you have 8 8oz glasses of water. You should increase your water intake by about 400%.

And as for love handles, just continue losing weight. Is the only way. I am suffering through it too. But, it is what it is. Was the first fat my body put on, thus, it will be the last it takes off. Annoying as sin.
  • MrsTaraDStringer
    MrsTaraDStringer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is true that you can't loose weight where you want to but that is not what you were asking trying typing obliques workout into Google images, that give good exercises to tone those side muscles and reduce the appearance of love handles without having to read lots of *kitten*
  • rayo429
    rayo429 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I have been trying out the 30 day shred and am 9 days in. so far I have lost 5lbs and an inch of my middle area. I do it for two days and have one day off then repeat. It is really helping to sculpt my body and I'm very happy with the changes after such a short amount of time :-)
  • zeusfc
    zeusfc Posts: 6
    Options
    'best advice I've been given has been to drop any sources of Omega 6 to a minimum. and if possible, replace with an Omega 3 rich food; so that's meant scrap the nuts I was snacking on. (low carb!) (Google "sources of Omega 6"... it's not just nuts!)
    My weight loss has been pretty consistent over the past six weeks or so; (2KG a week for the first two weeks, then 1KG a week since), but since I dropped the nuts... WOW! I'm seeing genuine fat loss around the belly and definitely, the dreaded love handles! Today is the first day in nearly 30 years, that I've stood butt-naked and I'm genuinely happy with how I look!
    Give it a try... what have you go to lose except inches!