How did you know when to stop losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 60 lbs lost! woohoo!

Oh and thank you so much! It's been a long journey... but as I like to say, Life is truly better smaller. I'm a happy girl.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    lculian, I would love to know what sort of exercises you do. I walk a lot at work 5 days a week (4 - 5 miles a day) and have never
    really been into exeercising, so I have started small, pushups, butt crunches (lol) and exercises to try and firm my triceps. I use weights for the arm exercise I am doing. I remember when I was underweight I was cold all the time.
  • qwho
    Options
    Kimberly, we are the most at risk for health complications, the ones that carry our weight in our midsection. My mom was the same way and I have her tiny tush too. Just wish I had inherited her legs, hers looked better when she was 70 than mine do now. I get the varicose veins from my dads side of the family.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    When you're walking down the street and fall through the grate?

:D
  • qwho
    Options
    great, thanks LOL!, but I might weight about 16 pounds before that happens
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    lculian, I would love to know what sort of exercises you do. I walk a lot at work 5 days a week (4 - 5 miles a day) and have never
    really been into exeercising, so I have started small, pushups, butt crunches (lol) and exercises to try and firm my triceps. I use weights for the arm exercise I am doing. I remember when I was underweight I was cold all the time.
    RIght now I'm doing a combination of things. I'm doing Couch25k its a short cardio workout, and I'm going to try to run my first 10k in April (we'll see how that goes) On Couch to 5k workout days I also use the weights at the gym for another 15 minutes, I do legs, arms, abs and back usually 3-4 minutes per area. I know they say you should workout one area a day. I don't know enough exercises to do it that way. I do 10-15 mintues of squats, lunges, and arm exercises 5 days a week We have a gym where I work so I can take a 15 minute break and use hand weights to do this. Most of the strength exercises I do came from the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. If I don't have time to get to the gym the 30 day shred gives me everything I need, strength cardio and abs. Abs are my problem area, always have been.
    I know the too cold feeling too! So here's to staying healthy and warm:bigsmile:
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    qwho - I look pretty similar to your photo, but here are my stats.

UK size 14. Bust 36 in, Waist 30 in, Hips 41 in. I did the test you suggested and think I'm medium frame.

I carry a lot of muscle in my legs. My lowest weight ever has been 126 lbs (my periods stopped).

My lifestyle is active and I'm on 1790 cals before exercise. I'm down to lose .5 lb a week and at the moment its still coming off, so will probably keep going til 165lbs are reached.

I'm also 46 yrs and feel more mature ladies need slightly more padding :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic in the picture you posted. By all means loose a little more if you feel you want to but honestly you look great! There is a ting as being too thin x

My goal is 154 (11 stone) and I'm 5ft 9 and a half. I'm only 0.5 of a lb short of that now and I've had so many concerned family members and friends ask if I'm ill in the last 2 weeks I figure I shouldn't go below that. Even though it gives me a healthy BMI of 22.6
  • qwho
    Options

UK size 14. Bust 36 in, Waist 30 in, Hips 41 in. I did the test you suggested and think I'm medium frame.

I carry a lot of muscle in my legs. My lowest weight ever has been 126 lbs (my periods stopped).

My lifestyle is active and I'm on 1790 cals before exercise. I'm down to lose .5 lb a week and at the moment its still coming off, so will probably keep going til 165lbs are reached.

we sound very similar, those are my measurement almost exactly and I am in a us size 12 (not sure how that compares to a uk 14)

I do not think I look thin in the photo (admittedly not a great shot either lol). I still have some padding on my hips and perhaps a bit of a muffin top (depending on what I am wearing) and still have a remnant of the 'back crease' thing going on (not sure what to call it) so I think a few more pounds lost might benefit me (course, nothing says I will lose it in those places). I have noticed the weight has not been coming off nearly as fast lately, so definitely my body is trying to hold onto the weight at this point
    still coming off but much slower
  • qwho
    Options
    I think you look fantastic in the picture you posted. By all means loose a little more if you feel you want to but honestly you look great! There is a ting as being too thin x

My goal is 154 (11 stone) and I'm 5ft 9 and a half. I'm only 0.5 of a lb short of that now and I've had so many concerned family members and friends ask if I'm ill in the last 2 weeks I figure I shouldn't go below that. Even though it gives me a healthy BMI of 22.6

Well, I weight 157 right now, and would like to see what 145 looks like on me, but I am starting to hear stuff too about not needing to lose any more, but not sure who to believe. You look great in your photo, and I think look thinner than me, lol.
    My bmi is 21.9 right now
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options

we sound very similar, those are my measurement almost exactly and I am in a us size 12 (not sure how that compares to a uk 14)

I do not think I look thin in the photo (admittedly not a great shot either lol). I still have some padding on my hips and perhaps a bit of a muffin top (depending on what I am wearing) and still have a remnant of the 'back crease' thing going on (not sure what to call it) so I think a few more pounds lost might benefit me (course, nothing says I will lose it in those places). I have noticed the weight has not been coming off nearly as fast lately, so definitely my body is trying to hold onto the weight at this point
    still coming off but much slower
    LOL sounds like we want to get to about the same size and shape, only difference will be our lbs. I obviously carry more muscle to have the heavier poundage. Good luck on your journey. :happy: