Hello Community

Options
Hi! My name is Amy and I am a 32 year old living in Michigan. I joined this site as a way to get consistent support with losing and maintaining weight and also trying to control my blood sugar. I am a diabetic and right now my sugars have decided to hold steady at around 200 which is pretty high. I need to find motivation to follow the carb allowance I was given by my doctor and to start and continue exercise. I find myself doing what is needed in fits and spurts and can't seem to form any long-term habits that will help me.

My hobbies include reading, writing, painting, yardwork, and playing with my two adopted furballs, Rocky and Jodie. Due to the diabetes and other health complications it is uncertain if I will be able to have children in the future, but I want to. So I need to get this under control. I don't smoke and try to eat healthy. So far I have found that the recording parts of the site help to allow me to keep track and I am looking forward to using them more effectively the more I play around with the site.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to working with you.

~A

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! This site is a great way to hold yourself accountable for your diet and excercise choices. When you're being honest with yourself, you'll find yourself making better choices just because you don't want to record that you ate too much of something. :)

Fun and helpful reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If it seems like too much, just track honestly and that will get you well on your way.
  • akscharaswak
    akscharaswak Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your warm welcome! :happy:

I will check out that link now. I have been tracking for about a week and that in itself really helps, because I hate having to say "I didn't have enough self-control not to do _______" and then I have to write it down too. Writing it down seems to be a good way to get me not to do things. This is my 4th attempt to get things under control and I'm finally admitting I need help, the last few times I just tried to do it by myself without a real support group or even a supportive person that wasn't already overwhelmed with their own stuff. I'm looking forward to when my outsides match my insides (self image).
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You've got this. MFP is such a great tool to help you change your eating habits. I had no idea I was eating so much until I came to MFP. I made myself log every single bite, and realized I was eating around 3000 calories a day. Duh! No wonder I was gaining weight. Mindless eating. When you're mindful of it, it's easier to make changes. :) Good luck. :) I know you can do this. :)