This colder weather is making me hungry!

Options
What can I do? The change in season's is making me hungry, like a need to bulk up for hibernation or something. Here's what my day normally looks like:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, Sara Lee (45cal) Multi Grain bread w/peanut butter or 1 Fiber One toaster pastry
Morning snack: light cheese stick or 100 cal. pack of almonds
Lunch: Lean Cuisine (or similar) not excedding 250 cal.
Afternoon snack: Fruit such as an apple, watermelon, grapes or pineapple
Dinner: 4-6 oz lean protein and two veggies
Evening snack: 100 cal. bag of popcorn, 1/2 fat ice cream, I try to keep it under 200 cal.
I walk 2-3 miles everyday, (circuit traing) The Firm work out DVD (30 min) 1-2 times a week, and water jogging (30 min) 1-2 times a week.
I haven't really lost anything the past 2 weeks, I did lose an inch on my waist though. I feel like I'm starving and craving hearty foods and sweets like CRAZY!!!!! Any suggestions? I'm open.

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I know me too. Check your sodium intake, also you might want to change up your workouts/food for a week or two it might help and jump start your weight loss again.

Good Luck!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    As it's getting colder, try searching some low-cal soups. I find them really comforting in the winter.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    As it's getting colder, try searching some low-cal soups. I find them really comforting in the winter.

I eat quite a bit of soup. Made Cabbage soup last night for lunch this week and next. Ate some Minestone, Chicken noodle, and I can't remember the other soup. All were low in calories. Plus they taste great!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Lentil soup is a good one, lots of protein and fibre, no fat, and thick enough to keep you full. Throw in some smoked turkey if you like that whole split pea soup taste.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I made split pea soup in the crock pot! I used smoked turkey necks instead of ham. Just over 200 cals for a cup and a half! Filling and good for you. Next week I am trying tomato lentil soup.
  • I'd cut the carbs in your breakfast down to one instead of three, and add some protein. It could just be the carbs making you snacky!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I know what you mean, it happens to me, too. Maybe there's something instinctive about it. During the summer I was craving fresh fruit, but now I want warm and filling foods.

I agree with the soup... I made a big pot of vegie soup that included potatoes and then blended it with a stick blender. Very comforting and quite low-cal and healthy. I also make pudding with lowfat milk... and wholegrain fruit muffins.... oh, and eating more protein helps.
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    Thanks for all the good suggestions! I guess I should have been more specific on breakfast, I don't eat all three I just pick one each day.