Planet Fitness - Question about the tvs / Ipod tv

Options
Hey --- I am thinking about joining Planet Fitness and so my friend and I walked around the place to see if we liked it. The only question I had was about the tvs. Everyone had Ipods docked to the machines and then had their headphones hooked up to the cardio displays. All the tvs in the place were silent though --- the only way to listen to them was through the cardio machines. (The machines all said Ipod TV on them.)

I dont have an ipod but I like to watch the news when I workout. So ---- do I need to buy an ipod just to listen to the tvs? Or do they work by just plugging in a headphone?

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Without seeing the actual machine, I would ASSUME that you can just plug in your headphones and go. At least that's how every machine I have ever used is.
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    they work by just plugging in your headphones
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    The cardio machines at PF have the older style iPod connector only. I don't remember if they have a headphone jack or not because I don't really use the cardio machines and I have an android phone with my own workout playlists.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    The cardio machines at PF have the older style iPod connector only. I don't remember if they have a headphone jack or not because I don't really use the cardio machines and I have an android phone with my own workout playlists.

So....you don't really know.
    :tongue: :tongue:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    They work by just plugging in headphones
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness just open in our town a few days ago. I tried using the headphone jack last night for the first time. You can switch between iPod and tv, you don't need an iPod to listen to the tv. I don't know why I was having this issue though but when I had the headphones in the elliptical was not working right. I tried on two machines and they both would "pause" and "resume workout" every few seconds when they were attached. I didn't ask anyone about it because I was just as happy listening to the music they play over the loud speakers but I am sure that I was probably doing something wrong as no one else seemed to have this issue.
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The cardio machines at my PF have headphone jacks. You just plug in and select which TV you want to listen to.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Plug in your headphones, the machine has to be running, and hit the power button where the TV control is. I have found that on the ones at my gym, you have to hit the tv button too. I guess it starts up being set up for your iPod. I despise my gym sometimes. Do we really need 6 TVs on ESPN?
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I just plug my headphones in and set the station and adjust the volume.
  • tjhBoB
    tjhBoB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    k_nicole87: We have 28 TeleVisions each one on a different channel. It must be up to local personnel what channel a television is to receive!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Ask the staff at the facility you want to go to?