I am addicted!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I joined MFP on 10/10/10 and have been working on a new ME! This has truly opened my eyes to everything there is in food. I was so used to just shoving things in my mouth without thinking twice. But now, I am definitely thinking twice about the choices I make and I haven't felt better! I am working out more than ever, and I actually like it. I have cut down on the drinking, the pop, the garbage food and no more smoking!!!! I am so looking forward to the days ahead and I can't wait to go SHOPPING and like it again! :)

Replies

• Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    awesome, you sound so upbeat........I joined back in Sept. I believe, but didn't use the site till a little after you started.........already down 5 lbs........I'm very encouraged too!....keep up the good work!
  • Loseweight22
    Options
    Awesome! Keep Going!!
  • missspacecadet
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I joined MFP on 10/10/10 and have been working on a new ME! This has truly opened my eyes to everything there is in food. I was so used to just shoving things in my mouth without thinking twice. But now, I am definitely thinking twice about the choices I make and I haven't felt better! I am working out more than ever, and I actually like it. I have cut down on the drinking, the pop, the garbage food and no more smoking!!!! I am so looking forward to the days ahead and I can't wait to go SHOPPING and like it again! :)

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I'm sure you feel a million times better. :) I admire the fact that you are very determined, I know you will lose a lot of weight.

Stay strong. :)
  • kbuelow
    Options
    I just started 6 days ago and am "addicted" too...I actually watch other people's diets for them, but have just recently decided I should watch mine! Congrats to you...how were you able to stop smoking while doing this cause I think I'm smoking MORE when I'm trying to avoid the junk food!
  • nvkatie78
    Options
    Honestly, I just made myself. I have always been a cigarette mucher-- i figured that if I didn't buy them then I wasn't actually one, but I was. Not to mention that cigarettes and drinking always went hand in hand for me. Not putting myself in those environments (local bar) helps a lot and now (even though it's only been a few weeks) I have no desire whatsoever.
  • Tonya1979
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • AmyHudson
    Options
    So glad you are doing well. I feel like this site is helping me so much too! Keep it up!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yes! Feeling your best is addictive! I have been on since January. I have never felt more in-control. I am so proud of you for putting yourself on the list! Keep us posted on your progress! Cheers!:drinker:
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    if you are really serious I would recommend The End of Overeating, by Kessler,

this doctor has heavy credentials and has studied cigarette and food addiction, he makes a good case about why we are so addicted to food because of the salty, sweet, fat triangle,

he does not advocate much in terms of recovery, but after reading the whys and hows of the modern food industry I began to see my way out,

this site and ones like it, ones that track every mouthful and its components is vital in my opinion to learning what you are eating,

it helps you make some choices,

I just began to eat fresh whole foods and slowly reduce my daily calorie intake, maximizing the nutrients, with foods I liked,

if you can make an ideal master day, try to eat the very same thing each breakfast, the very same lunches, the very same dinners, then if you go out to lunch or have a special birthday dinner then you have some idea where to cut,

I need serious portion control so even after 3 months I weigh and measure EVERYTHING, I take nothing for granted, my average apple ended up being more than twice what I had been estimating, now I eat 100g of apple for example,

I have the luxury of only having to worry about myself, I do not have to cook for others right now,

even on a limited budget I was able to make choices that worked,

my very best to you on your journey, you have already taken the hardest step :flowerforyou:
  • ninnysgirls
    ninnysgirls Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice job! That is a lot of changes. You sound very motivated. As you continue this life style you will certainly be more healthy, and more confident!
  • bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I'm in sort of the same situation... too much fatty food, too many drinks, but, for me, social smoking turned into daily smoking for me. It's impressive that you can quit like that, I've been doing the patch for the past month and a half. Since I was a former smoker who stupidly took up the habit again, I don't think I could have quit without it.

Now that I have, I feel cleaner and healthier and drinking less and eating better are much easier. Having to account for all the calories in the red wine and craft beers I love certainly helps as well... everything in moderation I guess. :)

Again, Great job and keep up the good work!!!