starting to feel good about myself until...

Options
2»

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm sure he meant well, guess he just didnt put it in the most encouraging and supportive way. My BF does the same at times. Well done on loosing 20lb that is fantastic! what you are doing clearly works so keep it up!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Men - are - how do I put this nicely.....stupid.
    Period.
    They don't know the right things to say, or do.
    I can imagine that he thought that he was helping you buy saying no to more Pringles.
    Just always remember - men are stupid.
    And unless you're in an abusive relationship - I'd chalk it up to that!.

Sorry, this is silly.

Are you saying that all the men you have come into contact with are stupid???

You put yourself down :wink:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Men - are - how do I put this nicely.....stupid.
    Period.
    They don't know the right things to say, or do.
    I can imagine that he thought that he was helping you buy saying no to more Pringles.
    Just always remember - men are stupid.
    And unless you're in an abusive relationship - I'd chalk it up to that!.

Sorry, this is silly.

Are you saying that all the men you have come into contact with are stupid???

You put yourself down :wink:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 20 pounds....

I agree with the men are stupid...they just don't always think lol... Unless he is a jerk all the time he probably thought he was helping...that being said depending on how he put it, he could have gotten something thrown at him in my home lol.
    My husband when I was pregnant monitored what I ate so much it drove me crazy.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    After watching me work my *kitten* off for 6 months, going from couch to gym, I was quite proud of myself in my new tight jeans.

I entered the living room and wiggled my but for my hubs. He smiled and asked how much I had lost.

"TWENTY POUNDS" I exclaimed happily.:bigsmile:

"Oh, is that all?" :huh:

ba doom boom:angry::mad: :explode:

After 2 days of :grumble: he asked me WTH is wrong. I told him I was hurt to the core with his comment. I worked so hard to get here, and he thinks it is nothing.

He was very confused :sick: saying he just meant that just 20 pounds had made such a BIG difference in my body, he couldn't believe that was all I had lost.

Men are from Mars
    Woman are from Venus

We talk different languages.

Talk to him about it, you may find he was trying in his own way to be loving and helpful:flowerforyou:
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, my hubby confuses me daily. We are both on this weight loss journey on MFP, and I am roughly 5 lbs away from my goal weight, he has lost 51lbs and is wanting another 20lbs or so to go. I compliment him daily, I think he is doing so great, and looks amazing. Do I get complimented at all for my efforts? no. Usually, during a certain week of the month, I like to have pizza or some sort of junkfood to fill that craving, I completely eat in moderation and have control over my cravings.. he doesnt. So if I ask to get something bad, he puts me down for it, and makes me feel like I am 204lbs again.

You are not alone - I think we want everyone to just say the right things at the right times - but unfortunately, noone can read our minds :(

Congrats on your amazing loss! and keep it up!!
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    After watching me work my *kitten* off for 6 months, going from couch to gym, I was quite proud of myself in my new tight jeans.

I entered the living room and wiggled my but for my hubs. He smiled and asked how much I had lost.

After 2 days of :grumble: he asked me WTH is wrong. I told him I was hurt to the core with his comment. I worked so hard to get here, and he thinks it is nothing.

He was very confused :sick: saying he just meant that just 20 pounds had made such a BIG difference in my body, he couldn't believe that was all I had lost.

Men are from Mars
    Woman are from Venus

Talk to him about it, you may find he was trying in his own way to be loving and helpful:flowerforyou:

I can so see my husband doing that!! He would mean well but not get that that was not the best way of wording it!!
  • IrinaPA
    IrinaPA Posts: 19
    Options
    so far i've lost 20lbs and today i fit in jeans that i've not worn in a year,so i was feeling kind of good about myself. as its the weekend(friday and saturday nights i don't stick to cals,but as of yet i've still lost weight) i was eating some pringles(ok more than some) but when i asked my hubby to go to the kitchen to get some more he made me feel so bad i felt my face go red and i felt so embarrassed i asked for more.(he normally encourage me to eat crap) so just as i was starting to like myself he's comments have made me feel fat and ugly again
    Well, men are not that tactful- some of them, but actually your husband wanted to support you, so do forgive him. He didn't want you to feel "fat and ugly"- it was his way of supporting, that's all. He could do it more gracefully, but he didn't.
    20 pounds is great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options

Men are from Mars
    Woman are from Venus

I had to laugh when I read this. It's so true.