Found an AWESOME milkshake replacement!!! :)

Options

Replies

• mhoward1982
    mhoward1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yum-O! I made this the other day with the original recipe. Tonight, I used Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets hot cocoa (25 calories!) and added a 1/2 tbsp of Jif Natural peanut butter. SO GOOD. 146 calories!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!

I usually satisfy my ice cream cravings with this:

8 oz skim milk
    6 oz frozen strawberries
    about 3 Tbls splenda
    a dash of Vanilla

Put the above in a blender and whip until smooth (I usually have to stop and stir a few times). I comes out the consistancy of soft serve and tastes like homemade strawberry ice cream. I'm not sure about the calories, I always counted it as a protein and a fruit.:ohwell:
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    FavDaughter1 - I thought about it and peppermint extract didn't really cross my mind, thats a good ideas. What I did decide to do was to get the syrup flavoring and add an ounce. 1 ounce adds like 80 calories to the recipe. It tastes delicious.
    I didn't even thiink about the syrups, and they probably have sugar free too! Sounds yummy :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm bump
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just read this, went upstairs and made this,,, now enjoying this,,, thank you so much,,,,,, yummy chocolate with little or no guilt LOL
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been buying the Skinny Cow products which are rather expensive. I'm going to make this in larger batches and keep it in the freezer. Anybody got any ideas on making a strawberry version to swirl into the cheesecake flavor?

Here's another option: (It's In the Recipe Database)

Frozen Peanut Butter/Chocolate Pudding Shake
    Calories: 124
    Fat: 3g
    6 Ice Cubes
    4 Tbs Cool Whip Lite
    1/2 Cup Skim Milk
    1/2 Package Jell-O Instant Sugar/Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix(Dry)
    1 Tbs Chocolate PB2 powder

Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until ice cubes are broken up. Blend until smooth (about 2 minutes). Pour into freezer container. Freeze overnight. When ready to eat, microwave on high for 45 seconds. Enjoy.
    Options: For variety, drop the PB2 and change the flavor of the Instant Pudding Mix. Examples: Cheesecake, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Banana Cream, Butterscotch, Lemon, & Pistachio.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    can this be made without the frozen whipped topping?
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    Okay, gettin' the blender out . . .
  • staceybug13
    Options
    I'll have to make that for my hubbie. He LOVES chocolate Milkshakes and this will be perfect for him! Thanks for sharing!
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OMG!.....Amazing! thank you so much, I am a choc-o-holic! and this did it for me...even better, I used the "diet" swiss miss at only 25 calories, fat free whipped topping at only 40 cals, and 1/2 cup skim milk at 45 cals= ONLY 110 CALORIES!! My husband,huge peanut butter fanatic had exactly what I had but of course had to add 1 tablespoon of skippy creamy peanut butter and it was still only 205, really not bad...perfect serving size as well! :o)
  • ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This post made my night last night. My husband even likes it! My modifications got the recipe down to 125 cals per serving, so this ones definitely a keeper. I cant think of any other snack that I eat that is chocolatey that comes in that low. You are awesome, you have made my month. Hurray! :D
  • flynabster
    Options
    Will have to give this a try....I love ice cream, and shakes, and blizzards, and blasts, and anything else ice cream, lol
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump!!:bigsmile: my boyfriend LOVES milkshakes! I am definitely trying this tomorrow!
  • flynabster
    Options
    So, I made a shake....but mixed it up a little after reading different suggestions in this thread...

1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup water
    1 scoop whey protein
    1/4 package Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding FF/SF
    6 ice cubes
    Approx 205 calories...you could cut some calories if you left the protein powder out...

Oh my word!!!! Was it ever tasty.....since I'm a huge coffee fan, and LOVE Sonic's Java Chiller (a gajillion calories), I will add a tsp of instant coffee to it and see how that works...
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    will be trying this tonight!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Someone earlier asked if this could be done w/o the cool whip. I'm curious too.... I bet it affects the volume / texture..:ohwell:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I used to live by a place that sold Frozen Hot Chocolate but it also had a hint of peppermint in it. Any ideas on how I can incorporate that?

peppermint extract maybe?
  • AshleeHans
    AshleeHans Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tymaddox
    Options
    even better - blend a frozen banana, chocolate pudding cup, 1/4 cup milk, T cocoa, a few ice cubes. AMAZING.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Def have to try this!