Powdered Peanut Butter?

Options
13»

Replies

• jessienomiko
    jessienomiko Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with previous posters. If you are looking for a pb substitute, powdered is certainly not it. BUT, mixing it with or in things is definitely the way to go. I can't eat it plain, but I'll toast up a piece of whole wheat bread, spread some pb2 mixed with wheat germ and water, slice half a banana on top and it's one of my favorite snacks.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. But I am trying to cut back on fat and carbs, keeping protein on the higher side. I will try it in my morning shake. Thanks everyone!

However, if you take fat free cool whip and mix it with an equal amount of reduced fat skippy creamy peanut butter it taste just like a white chocolate peanut butter cup. Sometimes I like to eat that at night if I need sometime sweet. A spoonful is just enough, and so delicious.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I find that it just doesn't cut it when I need peanut butter on bread, or toast. But it's GREAT when mixed into oatmeal or grits, or shaken into my protein shakes. Basically it's a great mix-in or baking substitute for peanut butter, but nothing can replace peanut butter when you need the real thing.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    PB2 doesn't taste as good as normal peanut butter but its better than no peanut butter at all!
  • skyy0913
    skyy0913 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite morning snacks is PB2 chocolate with slices of apples. 100 calorie snack and it is so delicious!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think PB2 is, like Cool Whip, something you can only get in the UK for the price of a small mansion, so not something I have ever tried :-(