Well...they said...

rmw61111
rmw61111 Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
...to introduce myself. So here I am. I'm 22...almost 23. Super Senior College student. I have put on a few pounds, mainly last summer, but I gain a few here and there now. I mainly want to get rid of my tummy area and to fit into more of my clothes without feeling so uncomfortable. I really hope to stay committed to this. I have added this page on a tab on my computer, so hopefully it will allow me to get on here, instead of Facebook! Any tips for easily getting rid of the tummy area. I am pretty out of shape (I'm not overweight-just out of shape), so it's hard for me to do harder workouts right away. ;)

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Don't worry about harder workouts. Start small so you don't scare yourself out of exercise. I started with 10 minutes a day, and now I can exercise for 2 hours if time allowed.

To get a flatter belly requires ab workouts, and consuming apples and legumes daily. Your results are more noticeable with weight-loss.
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on finding MFP. There is no such thing as spot reduction of fat. In other words abdominal exercises won't make you lose fat from your tummy. They will cause the underlying muscle to get bigger, which means if the fat is still there, your gut may poke out even more. However, strength training all your muscles is a great way to spur fat loss, so work those abs and those legs and everything else. A flat stomach is one of the hardest goals to acchieve because it requires a very low body percentage, if you want those defined abs. Abdominal fat is usually the fat the body is most reluctant to give up. My goal is a flat stomach too. Maintaining the calorie deficit over time is your key, and it may take a long time. There are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss - at least none that work in the long term. You have to stay committed and never give up.
This discussion has been closed.