Trying to find the right balance

Options
Hey everyone!

I've been working out for about 3 months now. I've lost some inches, pounds, and body fat percentage. Now that I'm pretty stable in my routine, I'm trying to work on improving my nutrition. My goal is to eat more protein and lower my carbs, but I just can't seem to do it! My diary is open, so please feel free to take a look. Yesterday is a good example of how I'm trying to eat, and it still needs to be tweaked a little more. Yesterday I had lentils, almonds, almonds milk, a protein bar.. I should also mention I'm a vegan (please refrain from any comments on my lifestyle choice). Also I do not eat tofu as I try to avoid overly processed foods

I work out 3-6 times a week, sometimes for three hours + a day. My main objective is to lose weight, and I am also trying to put on some muscle and improve my strength. I'm not trying to bulk up at all. Some of my exercises include walking, running, treadmill, elliptical, yoga, dance classes, body barre, swimming, strength training, bootcamp classes, circuit training, hiking, kayaking, and other random things.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

One thought I do have is to add a super food smoothie with chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, maca, acai and blueberries. Although, I know this will bump up my carbs as well.

If you view my diary, please ignore last weekend... I was at a music festival with very little internet and a constantly dying phone so I wasn't able to log properly.

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request – feel free to add me and peruse my diary.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I accepted! It sounds like we have a lot in common :)