Why is my tummy area so big?

I'm 170-something. And I wear a size 12/14. But other people are like a size 10/8, and they're like 175. It really confuses me.

Replies

• November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Everyone is different.

Focus on you.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    I'm 172lbs and wear the same size as you. do you happen to be 5'1''? maybe these other people are just a little taller than us/maybe they have more muscle mass or so on. there are many different factors. everyone is different.
  • bkcuti3
    bkcuti3 Posts: 26 Member
    Its not the same for everyone, fat is stored in different places. For example, since I stored most of my weight in my upper body (My arms and chest) there were times that I could wear a size 8 bottom at 160, while my mom who was 140 and all her weight being in her butt and stomach couldn't.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    I'm 5'4", 170 something pounds and a 14/16 pant. Occasionally a 12, because women's clothing is just ridiculous and illogical. I'm on the busty end, but still wear mostly medium tops. I just carry most of my weight around my waist and hips, according to my stretchmarks!

Everybody carries their poundage a little differently.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Depends on where your body stores fat. I wear mine around my waist. I've been bouncing between 175-180 and I'm a 14-16, whereas others are closer to a 10-12. Am I jealous? Yep. But it is what it is and I'll get there, too.

ETA : I'm 5'7"