Breakfast.

Options
What's your favorite breakfast food? Do you find it easier to scarf down a health shake or do you enjoy a nice hearty breakfast? I need some creative ideas. I'm tired of the same ole' eating.

Replies

• AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love it. Science says loading up huge at breakfast and then just having some slightly larger than a snack at dinner is the way to go for weight loss and energy through the day. I'm a big fan of science!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    lately, ive been making a breakfast type sandwich with an egg on a bagel with some cheese. It's really yummy, low calorie, and keeps me full for a while. I also like a frozen waffle with some almond butter on it if i'm in a hurry.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Shakes don't satisfy me after a hard workout so I prefer to save it to have as a morning snack. I have a couple of breakfast staples that I rotate through each week:

Peanut butter oatmeal with raisins - 1/4 cup dry oatmeal with water, 2 tbs raisins, and 1 tbs natural peanut butter

1/2 cup Lowfat cottage cheese, 1 container low carb peaches, 1/2 cup kashi go lean crunch cereal

1/2 cup organic egg whites scrambled with 2 slices organic turkey bacon

1/2 cup Fage 2% yogurt, 1 tsp. honey, 1 tbs. raisins, 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli

Ezekiel english muffin toasted with 1 tbs. natural peanut butter

Hope that gives you some good ideas!
    Sharon
  • mdja1999
    Options
    I like to throw a slim fast and 1/2 cup of ice along with a couple teaspoons of instant coffee into the blender.
    It's a great way to get the day started.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't do the "what's easier?" thing. I make what I feel like having. :laugh: 80% of the time it's a smoothie. With loads of fruit and some vanilla rice milk, ground flax and depending on my mood a soy yogurt. I love them because I feel full and it doesn't feel heavy in my tummy first thing in the morning. The rest of the time it might be yogurt with fruit, toast or oatmeal.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast! Oatmeal with bananas, raisins or dates, and nuts, or scrambled eggs with pancakes, the choices are endless :) What I've been successful with is having a truly balanced big breakfast-with good whole grain carbs and fiber, fruit and/or veggies, protein, and a little fat.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like the Thomas - Better Start Triple Health English Muffin with Weight Watchers - Reduced Fat Whipped Cream Cheese Spread. 160 calories, leaves room for a fruit with it.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast: scrambled or omelet. I usually add salsa, Serrano peppers, onions, etc to add more flavor. For some reason, I don't feel full if I just drink a shake.
  • a5551212
    Options
    I picked up some Grape Nuts a few weeks ago on a health kick and found it's pretty disgusting. But add some milk and a cup of low fat yogurt to mask the overpowering grainy taste and it's pretty good, and filling.
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast: scrambled or omelet. I usually add salsa, Serrano peppers, onions, etc to add more flavor. For some reason, I don't feel full if I just drink a shake.

I'm an egg person. I usually just throw some on the stove, grab a piece of bread, and some form of fruit. It just gets old. I could always make a breakfast burrito. That might be a good change, but I have to find a healthy wrap first. Some days it's absolutely rough trying to eat something, especially if I'm running late, so the past couple of days, I'd pull out a shake mix and add some fruit in it.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    for the Grape Nuts........try heating the milk.......it softens the 'nuts' and add a sprinkle of brown sugar

I'm not a breakfast eater........never have been. I know, bad, bad, bad.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just can't get full off of shakes or smoothies. I wish I could! I love eggs and toast in the morning, with maybe cheese or turkey bacon if I have that on hand. I need something to chew or I'm simply not satisfied!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm an egg person. I usually just throw some on the stove, grab a piece of bread, and some form of fruit. It just gets old.
    Hah, this describes my breakfast exactly. To break up the monotony I get some organic cereals and I really enjoy those. With some form of fruit, of course. There are some that aren't horrible for you that also taste pretty good.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Love me some eggbeaters (30 cal per 1/4 cup) scrambled up with yellow, orange, or red peppers, and don't forget the onions! I throw in fresh mushrooms if I have them, too. If I've got any fat free feta, I throw 1/4 cup (35 cal) in there. I top it off with some pace medium picante. mmmmmmm. All of that has about 150-160 calories. I just load them up!! Some turkey bacon (25 cal a slice) and either a mini bagel (100 cal) or a bagel thin (110 cal) and 1 oz. of fat free cream cheese (30 cal) finishes it all off! Of couse, a giant glass of water! Yummmmmm!
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i have two go to breakfast meals available at all times. either an omelet (1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with veggies) or my morning Shakeology shake from Beachbody (the folks that sell p90x, Insanity, Turbo Jam, and many more workouts)
    the shake is my favorite with coffee, pumpkin, cinnamon and almond milk. i save almost 100 calories having my coffee this way instead of with cream and sugar in the raw.
    Jane
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i tend to eat the most breakfast type foods - even for dinner, ahha.

eggs, cottage cheese, oat meal, kashi go lean cereal...
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    some of these sound really good!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have finally learned to like breakfast. I however am NOT a shake person. I can drink a 3or400 calorie shake and be starving again in an hour. Writing this out I also discovered that I'm an EGG person too. :bigsmile: Depending on the morning
    I'll throw down breakfast traditional style:
    * Eggwhite omlette with spinach, mushrooms, onions, reduced fat mozzerella and a slice (or 2) of reduced sodium center cut bacon (~250 cals)

* Migas (Lower fat) 1 whole egg one egg white (Scrambled with garlic powder cumin cayenne and crushed red peppers) onions, green peppers, fresh jalapeno 2 tbs black beans a corn tortilla torn up in the whole mess sprinkled with a little cheese and topped with fresh pico de gallo (~250 cals) (you can wrap this one up in the tortilla instead)

* One egg over medium and 2 pieces of reduced sodium center cut bacon and a piece of fruit

* Oatmeal (I just found Better Oats Lavish DARK CHOCOLATE OATMEAL!!!!!!) a couple peices of bacon or an egg and fruit.

* Mountain High Fat Free All Natural Vanilla Yogurt sliced berries and or bananas

* Pure Protien Bar, banana, red bull (these are the mornings I wake up too late to cook breakfast or at least fix something to take with me to work)

I used to make breffist sammies on the sandwhich thins but found out I'm allergic to wheat barly and rye

I would also suggest Hungry Girl... http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=2063 She's got a TON of great to go breakfasts and alternatives.

Happy Breakfasting!!!
    :drinker:
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I try to have a yogurt, a glass of milk, and some beef jerky for breakfast during the week. On the weekends, I have a more traditional breakfast of eggs, bacon, a glass of milk, one slice of toast, and a yogurt. I need to leave the jerky alone, but we all have our one weakness. Well, some of y'all have a weakness to just about everything edible, but I'm not saying anything.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com
    Egg Mugs with egg beaters and laughing cow light cheese (in the microwave)

Sometimes I put on a 100 calorie english muffin with a slice or two of canadian bacon (less cals than bacon or sausage - even turkey sausage)

Love Oatmeal too! Sometimes I will have a Vitatop - Cranbran is my favorite. Peanut butter on a brown rice cake is good too.