JUNE, CLEAN EATING CHALLENGE!!!!

Options
Hello Everyone!

My name is Ruthy (on my way to truly being SkinnyRuthy).

Last month, I completed a 30 day squat challenge. It was very hard, but I saw results after only 30 days! Wooohoo, go me! :)

For the month of June, 30 days, I have dedicated my cupboards, heart, and fridge to only eating "clean" foods or as I like to call it "foods that God made".

Here are the rules:
1) Eat foods in their natural form. Example: a carrot is a carrot. chicken is chicken. fish is fish. nuts are nuts. Etc. It's pretty simple. Example: a breakfast sandwich on the other hand does not grow out of the ground so that would be nixed. See? :D
2) Ezekiel bread (flourless) is ok if you're looking for a bread substitute. It's made from sprouted grains, I ADORE IT, and it is very healthy.
3) If every ingredient on the list has grown from the ground or came from an animal, it's ok but should be kept to a minimum. For example: Butter = cream/salt That's ok. Margarine = ridiculous amounts of processed chemically garbage, eh, no. Dark Chocolate is on most clean eating lists if you're looking for sweets, but keep in mind that not all items are the same. I had to scour an aisle of premium chocolates to find a chocolate bar made by Theo where the ingredients were Cocoa Beans, Almonds, Himalayan Pink Salt, etc.
4) Anything boxed or processed such as Cheezits or McDonalds, Fiber One Bars or Golden Grahams = NO.
5) Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water! :)

So to recap:
Eat lots of VEG, FRUIT, FISH, CHICKEN, SHRIMP, BROWN RICE
Include (but not in excess) NUTS, COCONUT OIL/OLIVE OIL, BUTTER (if you so choose), HONEY, MAPLE SYRUP, DARK CHOCOLATE
Eat sprouted grain breads like EZEKIEL BREAD
DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Also, just as an edited side note: I am choosing to not eat beef or pork during the month of June. I feel they are not very clean products containing high amounts of calories and fats and would rather stay away from them (although I did completely enjoy a delicious burger today as my last hurrah to burgers for 30 days!!!)

I will be eating a copious amount of eggs, though! :) I LOVE eggs for protein and versatility. Ok. That is all! Hope you'll try it with me. I will be posting Before and After photos after this challenge is done too, so I'm excited!!!!! :D**

Feel free to ask questions or to post ideas of recipes to use for the 30 days! I'm super excited!!!! I tried this in the past and lost 27lbs in 40 days just by switching the way I ate (and yes, I ate enough food!), so I KNOW FOR A FACT this has worked for me and I hope it works for you too!!!!

LETS GET FIT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Replies

• LouiseCClarke
    Options
    Hi Ruth

I started clean eating this month as well, 4 days in and I'm 5lb down. I've had some lovely food as well. I've used 2 websites for recipe suggestions www.thekitchenshed.co.uk and http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/ I can highly recommend the chicken and sweet potato curry from The Kitchen Shed, I've taken that in to work for lunch this week, it's absolutely delicious!

Louise
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You may be better off creating a challenge group (I think that all challenges are supposed to be groups anyway?).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Last month, I completed a 30 day squat challenge. It was very hard, but I saw results after only 30 days! Wooohoo, go me! :)

For the month of June, 30 days, I have dedicated my cupboards, heart, and fridge to only eating "clean" foods or as I like to call it "foods that God made".

Here are the rules:
    1) Eat foods in their natural form. Example: a carrot is a carrot. chicken is chicken. fish is fish. nuts are nuts. Etc. It's pretty simple. Example: a breakfast sandwich on the other hand does not grow out of the ground so that would be nixed. See? :D
    2) Ezekiel bread (flourless) is ok if you're looking for a bread substitute. It's made from sprouted grains, I ADORE IT, and it is very healthy.
    3) If every ingredient on the list has grown from the ground or came from an animal, it's ok but should be kept to a minimum. For example: Butter = cream/salt That's ok. Margarine = ridiculous amounts of processed chemically garbage, eh, no. Dark Chocolate is on most clean eating lists if you're looking for sweets, but keep in mind that not all items are the same. I had to scour an aisle of premium chocolates to find a chocolate bar made by Theo where the ingredients were Cocoa Beans, Almonds, Himalayan Pink Salt, etc.
    4) Anything boxed or processed such as Cheezits or McDonalds, Fiber One Bars or Golden Grahams = NO.

So to recap:
    Include (but not in excess) NUTS, COCONUT OIL/OLIVE OIL, BUTTER (if you so choose), HONEY, MAPLE SYRUP, DARK CHOCOLATE

**Also, just as an edited side note: I am choosing to not eat beef or pork during the month of June. I feel they are not very clean products containing high amounts of calories and fats and would rather stay away from them (although I did completely enjoy a delicious burger today as my last hurrah to burgers for 30 days!!!)

I will be eating a copious amount of eggs, though! :) I LOVE eggs for protein and versatility. Ok. That is all! Hope you'll try it with me. I will be posting Before and After photos after this challenge is done too, so I'm excited!!!!! :D**

Feel free to ask questions or to post ideas of recipes to use for the 30 days! I'm super excited!!!! I tried this in the past and lost 27lbs in 40 days just by switching the way I ate (and yes, I ate enough food!), so I KNOW FOR A FACT this has worked for me and I hope it works for you too!!!!

Why do your rules contradict each other? What ingredients of a breakfast sandwich do not come from the ground or an animal?
    Ezekiel bread? heavily processed but it's ok apparently. Eating things in their natural form? So eat a chicken with it's feathers unplucked? Fish with pin bones?

Silly challenge is silly
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Here are the rules:

So to recap:

:drinker:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Acg67 - I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that whole foods are what is intended here. Now I personally wouldn't buy Ezekiel bread when I have a grain mill in my cabinet and I can precisely control the ingredients that go into my homemade whole wheat bread. "Clean eating" is highly variable based on who you talk to anyhow. Tosca Reno says low fat dairy in her clean eating books, but of course we full well know when they take something out something else is going back in that is not so good for you. Moderation and all.

The intent behind her challenge is good though. :P