MFP ruined my life....

Options

Replies

• shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to never think twice about having seconds. Now I stop and weigh and measure and make better decisions on everything I eat. I still have ice cream once in a while but where I used to have a bowl full, I measure out maybe 1/2 cup and that's it. Thanks Courtney for introducing me to MFP. Thanks MFP for changing my life for the better. :love: It's been 9 months since I started MFP and I'm 50lb. and many many inches smaller, and have gone from a tight 18/20 pants to a size 12! Good luck everyone.:drinker:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! :drinker:

I hear ya... MFP has forever ruined my willingness to eat 2-3 apple fritters each morning on the way to work. :cry:
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I still use whole milk. Cooking with the watered down stuff is just no good.
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    MFP has definitely taken all the fun out of "all you can eat" buffets and crawfish boils!
    Too funny.
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Such a great post, and very true! It's crazy how you can blindly eat. I can't believe some of the meals I was having were costing me 700-1000 calories each, even at small quantities. How many calories could really be in that small muffin? Who knew?!

Still eating semi poorly now, but I'm counting every single calorie! Portion control is crucial!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    <---- Been here six months. Eats all the pizza.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I will still save up enough calories through the week and work an extra barn shift on Saturday every so often so I can still eat a pint of ice cream without wanting to kick myself in the *kitten*.

Then there are days that I eat a pint of ice cream and want to kick myself in the *kitten* but work my butt off for the rest of the week.

All because of MFP, dang you MFP for help me take personal responsibility and for all those helpful educated folks, oh and for saving my life after I thought it was ruined.
  • Dinda53
    Dinda53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant!! Just the heading caught my eye because I have had so much success with MFP in the last month that I could not imagine it ever ruining anyone's life LOL...:laugh: Wish you all the best and hope we can all support each other on this amazing MFP journey to a better us :drinker:
  • andreavarangu
    andreavarangu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh so very true! Our innocence is gone...or was that our ignorance?

Here's to our ruination!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome post and yes I feel the same way, except it don't drink while milk counting down the 4 months left till my little one can drink 1% and I can stop getting 2 kinds. ????
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    The heading title caught my attention…… great post…… so true….love your sense of realistic humor…..thanks and enjoy another
    wonderful ruined day of MFP! :smile:
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love it.... and isn't it amazing how quick the changes and habit come about? MFP is a god send and I recommend it to anyone that needs little support and accountability!

MFP ROCKS :glasses:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Gosh, now I have to show up for life not just meals! yea, my buffet life isn't fun any more. No longer can I be a victim, I have found self responsibility, oh my I have to be responsible to get a life. yes, you ruined my life to get a life. I have had to find solutions to problems rather than go to that buffet. I have learned my happiness is not up to someone else and it is not in that buffet. yes, my life is ruined, I though all my fun and happiness was in that buffet,lol
  • naechai40416
    naechai40416 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The days of eating double bacon cheeseburgers, large fries, and a coke are long gone...:tongue: my wife created this post, and I can definitely attest to the fact that things have been a bit different around here...every meal has been well thought about before we indulge, MFP is the culprit in ruining our lifestyle of horrible eating choices, and helped us to be more aware, and health conscious individuals.
  • JynaeJ
    JynaeJ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The days of eating double bacon cheeseburgers, large fries, and a coke are long gone...:tongue: my wife created this post, and I can definitely attest to the fact that things have been a bit different around here...every meal has been well thought about before we indulge, MFP is the culprit in ruining our lifestyle of horrible eating choices, and helped us to be more aware, and health conscious individuals.

:heart:
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    Oh, I know! I can't eat without pulling out my darned iPhone and checking out the calories in whatever I am planning to eat. It's saved me from many a caloric disaster.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    You don't sound fully committed on the whole milk.
    Just what I thought :laugh:
  • Seagoat0175
    Seagoat0175 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I can no longer have 3 sushi rolls and then finish off my kid's Hibachi meal without seeing almost a 400-calorie overage. Sigh. On the other hand, I've lost not quite 10 lbs and everyone who only sees me occasionally keeps telling me i look like a lost a bunch of weight. I used to attribute that to they just thought i was faster than i really am....but then i realized that the "not-quite-10-lbs" could actually be seen, possibly, maybe. Lol

ETA: my boyfriend does see me everyday and tells me i look like i lost some weight too, so i guess it's just me.
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love your post! It rings true for a lot of us!