why am I not losing weight

Options
Okay I have been working out 6 to 7 times a week 2 a twice and 30 min walks on my lunch break at work I drink plenty of water don't eat junk or sweets so what's the problem why have I only loss 5 lbs???? Feel free to add me and view my daily dairy thanks

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You've lost 5 lbs...that's losing weight?
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    What kind of time frame are we taking about here? If you have only been going a couple of weeks that's a decent loss rate. You really can't do anything this side of healthy to make weight just fall of you.
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    You've lost 5 lbs...that's losing weight?
    lol yea I know I have lost 5 but it seems like I'm just stuck on that 5 no matter what I do
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    What kind of time frame are we taking about here? If you have only been going a couple of weeks that's a decent loss rate. You really can't do anything this side of healthy to make weight just fall of you.
    I'm thinking I've been doing this 2 weeks going on 3 and it seems like I'm trying so hard but not really seeing anything different....
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? This is a game of patience. 5 lbs in a few weeks is great. You don't want to lose faster. The faster you lose, the more likely you are to jeopardize muscle along with fat, rather than just fat. The first week will be part water weight. Weight loss will never be linear. There may be weeks you lose and weeks you don't. Stay the course, be consistent in logging and exercise. Trust me, it may feel like forever at first but months change and if you keep it up, you'll be thankful you stuck to it
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't enough time
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight loss is 1 pound a week--2 at the VERY most. You are right on track and exactly where you should be.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in two weeks is pretty good. Open your diary.
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    Thanks in my mind I feel that I should be losing more but I guess that's just a mind thing feel free to check out my dairy log and in advice or tips you might have are more than welcomed :)
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I've been doing this 2 weeks going on 3 and it seems like I'm trying so hard but not really seeing anything different....

You lost 5lb in 2-3 weeks... so what you are doing is working.
    Until you have plateaued right out for two years, just plunk your ever-shrinking hiney in the corner and simmer down.:flowerforyou:
    keep up the good work!*
    *(Assuming you are eating at a healthy deficit)
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options

You lost 5lb in 2-3 weeks... so what you are doing is working.
    Until you have plateaued right out for two years, just plunk your ever-shrinking hiney in the corner and simmer down.:flowerforyou:
    keep up the good work!*
    *(Assuming you are eating at a healthy deficit)

Lol thank you and I will and I try to eat real healthy not a junk food eater
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and go find a 5lbs weight. If you don't have one go to a sports store. Pick that weight up and walk around the store with it for 20 minutes. I bet you will change your perception of weight loss. That 5 pounds is much heavier then you think.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Oddly not mentioned yet on this calorie counting website forum... make sure you count your calories :smile:

It doesn't sound like you are stalled but if you ever really are the rules are that you must first be measuring yourself to see if you are trimming up and then open your diary so people can tell you to log accurately or eat fewer calories!

Good luck though. I try not to focus too much on the scale, as long as I eat well and get out to exercise often it's sort of a given that I will trim down. Nice to see loses on a scale but better to feel active and healthy as my clothes fit better.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There may be weeks you lose and weeks you don't. Stay the course, be consistent in logging and exercise. Trust me, it may feel like forever at first but months change and if you keep it up, you'll be thankful you stuck to it

TRUE
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    There may be weeks you lose and weeks you don't. Stay the course, be consistent in logging and exercise. Trust me, it may feel like forever at first but months change and if you keep it up, you'll be thankful you stuck to it

TRUE

Thanks
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6.5 lbs since Easter.