I can't tie my shoes.

Options
It pretty much is the tipping point for me. I can't tie my shoes while they are on. I am going to work hard to try to lose weight. Right now I am planning on watching my caloric intake while doing little bits of exercise here and there. As my body gets easier to work out, I plan on increasing everything.

I've been on my diet for three days, so far its going real well.

Replies

• soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Been there! Do a few setups and once you lose about 10lbs you will be able to tie your shoes.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I getcha! That was my very first goal..............when I could tie my shoes without needing oxygen, I knew I was on my way!

Your going to do it this time. Keep working hard and eating right. I promise, if I can do it YOU can do it!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I getcha! That was my very first goal..............when I could tie my shoes without needing oxygen, I knew I was on my way!

Your going to do it this time. Keep working hard and eating right. I promise, if I can do it YOU can do it!

I like your 5 minute rule. Because my problem isn't doing it. It's starting. Once I get going I'm good and I enjoy it and actually miss it when I don't do it. If I commit to 5 minutes a day then I'll do it. And I'll probably end up doing more. Thanks for the refresher and motivation.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We are all here to support you. I would encourage you to log in everyday and just start out walking. I have lost 55 pounds since the beginning of the year and mostly the only exercise I get in is walking and an occasional bike ride.

Wren
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a newbie to MFP, but I have been working on my health since January and lost 25 pounds so far. When I first started, I noticed that I would have to take a deep breath before tying my shoes and sometimes a few more breaths to finish tying them.

I started doing little things to become more active (walking around the mall or park, taking the dogs for a stroll in the neighborhood, joined a Zumba class) and paying attention to what I ate. Just those little things here and there led up to 25 pounds and 3 inches around my waist gone!

While I still have a ways to go, I can now do more and more each day and feel so much better! I wish you the best and hope you have the same success. Keep up the positive attitude and desire to feel better and the rest will come to you!!!
  • lainey137
    Options
    Good for you! Well done in taking the first step
  • curtisl
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here too. I got MFP in January, but no service on my phone at work got me out of the habit of diary adding.
    I hope to be more conscience of my eating with my calorie counter.

I have been doing Aquacize twice a week, step/sculpt & zumba once a week for 8 weeks. I find paying for the classes in 8 week sessions fun and more motivating for me, since I want to get what I paid for! I have lost 10lbs and am much stronger.

I wish you the best, and ask for everyone's support also!:smile:
  • burktodd
    Options
    Hello all,

As a way to get more people involved and help me have more supporters, I have created a blog. It is about my diet and will include my exercising. Please check it out, give me tips on what I can do to help my diet, any good and easy workouts you may have. Also, if you want, tell me what I can do to make my blog more interesting or interactive. Leave comments here or on the blog.

P.S. I have no ads and I am selling no products or services on the blog, so I believe posting the link here is ok. If not, please let me know.

http://fastfoodworks.blogspot.com/
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Welcome :)

I am at that stage myself my first aim is 10lbs in 5 weeks. I am secretly hoping I will lose more than that though. Diet is going well so far today is day two.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! It's fantastic that you have decided to do something about your health now...stick to it, use the forum to help you through the bad days and you will be posting your success pics in no time at all.

This really is a fantastic website...use it for your benefit. any questions, post them here...there really is a great support network on here.

Good Luck :flowerforyou: