Weekend Eating

Options
Its the weekend. Don't let all of your hard work go to waist. This has been my issue forever but lately I guess since I hang with like minded people, its getting easier and easier to eat right during the weekend and not gain the 1 or 2 pounds that I may have lost during the week.

How do you get throught the weekends without over eating/drinking?

I just got my Turbo work out in, now I'm going to shower and go meet with some of my fitness friends for breakfast. Then go visit my dad for a little. Then back home as I have loads of homework. That will be the trial time. I will have to make sure I eat regularly instead of stressing and wanting to finish my assignments.

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My problem, on the weekends, is that I want to sleep all day OR I get really involved in some activity outside the house and don't eat at all. It's usually when I'm feeling tired and lethargic that I realize I havent eaten and by then I'm ready to eat almost anything just to feel better. Right now, it's 744am and I do NOT want to get out of bed to eat something according to my weekday schedule. I logged in to MFP to try to get my attitude right for today.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I never have a change in eating habits. My treat day is today though. I will eat something unusual on this day, but it doesn't hurt my weight loss.
  • Obeg
    Obeg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My vice is that on weekends I usually like to have a drink or 4.. and that is just a bunch of very empty calories. I have no good solution for this other than either not drink (which is a bummer) or just make my drinks stronger so I don't need as many. Guess which I choose. :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that just wanted to finish something and therefore didn't eat! Our challenge is to eat. Was suggested to set a timer to snack to. Thought I would try that this weekend! Have a great one!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I do Weight Watchers and they say that you can save 4 points per day as long as you eat them within that week. So I have 4 points less per day and eat them on a Saturday right after I've weighed in. That way I can have a day out and eat at a resteraunt, have some ice cream and stay on track. Or if I'm home I'll get some take away or a pizza, something I can't usually fit in. That helps because if I get a craving during the week I can wait until the weekend and it keeps me on track. I can eat out rather than never being able to until I reach my goal and it means that I can enjoy my saturdays - because I'm only able to eat like this one day a week it makes my weekend something to look forward to even more. I then find easier to keep on track for the rest of the week because I don't feel deprived.
  • MarcStar
    Options
    a drink or 4! lol
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do and did the same thing on Sunday Tara....
  • tondalea
    Options
    Ha ha Marcstar. That used to be me. I actually did have two glass of wine on Saturday but it used to be worse and I dont do it every weekend anymore because I'm normally doing something with my healthy friends....lol
  • tondalea
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers, I weighed on Saturday am for that same reason. Used a good portion of my flexpoints. Then didnt have to worry aobut it affecting my weigh in the next Saturday.
  • tondalea
    Options
    I'm in school too. Online classes and all work is due on Sunday at midnight, so when I woke up, I just sat up in bed and put my laptop on. It was 1pm when I realized I was starving and then the normal meal didnt break my hunger.
  • tondalea
    Options
    Funny Obeg....lol..