working moms and cleaner eating

SDehmer819
SDehmer819 Posts: 441 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Who in the category does and does it successfully?? I barely have to time to cook as it is, let alone to not use pre-packaged/processed items to help complete dinners.

In the evenings, I get home about 6-630 and then need to fix dinner and still get in a workout. I like to go to bed about 10pm.

ANy suggestions????

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    One thing you can do is pre-cook meals on the weekends and freeze them, then just pull one out of the freezer and leave it to thaw in the microwave (at room temp... this small space allows the cold to stay in so that it doesn't get too warm, but thaws faster than the refrigerator) and then heat it up when you get home. Just pop it in the oven, and work out while it's heating. Voilà!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    It's crock pot time!:wink:
    Lots of receipes around too! Chilli, Stews, roasts, ribs, chicken and dumplings, the list is endless! See Hungry Girl, All Foods, America's Test Kitchen, ect.
    Make double meals on the weekend (make 2 roasted chickens one to eat one for later in the week as a pasta dish, beef roast left overs as achinese dish).
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    We do it and it does take some planning. We plan out our entire week's menu on Sunday before we go grocery shopping. We buy extra vegetables ahead of time, cut them up and put them in the freezer. We buy chicken breasts, ground turkey breast and fish in bulk, then freeze them in single meal-sized packages. I also buy frozen broccoli, etc. to steam in the microwave. On the weekday, we thaw the meat we are going use and pull out the already cut vegetables from the freezer then assemble the meal. On an average night, I can get dinner made in less than 20-30 minutes.

This past year, my daughter discovered Clean Eating magazine in the grocery store and we subscribed. All of the recipes are healthy, simple and easy to make. Lately, we've been using recipes almost exclusively from this magazine.
This discussion has been closed.