New Here

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah and I am brand new to this site. I have been struggling to lose weight my entire life, but I'm now at my tipping point. My three and a half year relationship with my boyfriend ended this summer (no sadness... its definitely a good thing) and I realized that I had gained a good 25 pounds while in the relationship. I don't know how I didn't see it happening... when buying bigger clothes I guess I just figured I liked shopping more.

When I went for my physical this year my doctor said something too me about my weight because I had complained that my back is always hurting. She said that if I lost weight, it wouldn't hurt so much. For some reason that didn't phase me.

I love running, and this fall I was training for a half marathon... until I tore a muscle and got some really bad shin splints. I went to the doctor again (a different doctor this time) and he pretty much said that if I want to continue running without injury I need to lose some weight. That really hit home for me because running is the best way for me to de-stress.

So, here I am. Hoping to lose all the extra weight and get back into shape so that someday I can run again! I've tried many different diets and websites and nothing has worked so far, so I'm hoping this is it!

Replies

• jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With your love of running this will not be a difficult process! I'm re-starting the C25k program from where I left off this summer, so soon I will be a runner too :-)
  • raven5131
    Options
    Welcome,

You've come to the right place. Feel free to friend me. This site has been a godsend for me. I have been on for three months and I think this site is one reason I have stuck to the plan. Good Luck!
  • Sasperilla124
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome! I'm hoping that my running will help me, although I have always found that when I am training for a race, I actually gain weight, rather than lose it. I'm still recovering from the torn muscle and shin splints so I'm stuck doing workout tapes at home for now.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)