Exercises for legs and booty

Options
2»

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting stance for squats (wider feet, high bar, chin up) as opposed to Olympic stance (feet closer together).

Straight legged deadlifts as opposed to standard deadlifts.

And kegels.
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves from Bret Contreras is a great program. I just switched to that and am enjoying it.

I love this program. I tried on my swimsuit from last summer, and despite being 15 lbs down from when I wore it last, my butt fills it out way better. Last summer it was looser in the bottom and tighter across the middle.
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    another vote for Bret Contreras and Strong Curves... once I incorporated exercises from the book into my lifting program, my booty and legs have really developed well... I need to find a good "before" side photo, but here are a couple of current ones...

c1642629-3389-4368-b3cb-89afd5b6c6f8_zps559f8930.jpg

0fc6c7bf-c224-4b51-9e52-d8f3f139e308_zps0dfbb70e.jpg
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Plie (sumo) squats, hip thrusters, bridge & running/walking/cycling serious hills. Regular squats didn't do squat for me. I have a pretty good butt now.

Thanks will be trying them :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Strong Curves from Bret Contreras is a great program. I just switched to that and am enjoying it.

I am pear shaped as well, you will definitely want to work your upper body as it will give you better symmetry with a little muscle on top!

I do work on upper body but wanted to work a bit extra on lower and core :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm eating healthy and working out to look toned all over. But need to work and legs and bum more. As my arms, face and shoulders have always been small. But legs and bum always bigger.

Could do some harder exercises for legs and bum. If anyone could please help :)

I think Candice Swanepool has good advice for legs and booty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2649696/Squats-key-Even-10-make-feel-better-Victorias-Secret-Angel-Candice-Swanepoel-reveals-secrets-body.html

That is a good article ???? ta :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. No matter where you focus on fat will come off of wherever it wants to. Furthermore you should be working your whole body regardless of where your trouble spots are.

This. Pretty new to all this, but my limited understanding is that working your lower body or doing compound lifts like squats, etc will help you keep or gain muscle (if not in deficit) in those areas. It won't necessarily make you lose fat in them alone. It will help you lose fat, but your body will decide where.

????:)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    You cant spot reduce but I have noticed that after doing squats, lunges, step ups, hip thrusts, and cycling my legs have toned out a little more and my butt is lifting. Plus my core and back are strengthening with some of these too.

With just those exercises?
  • rickysticky305
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie!
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Powerlifting stance for squats (wider feet, high bar, chin up) as opposed to Olympic stance (feet closer together).

Straight legged deadlifts as opposed to standard deadlifts.

And kegels.

I can't keep my legs straight? Ha ha.
  • jjangula
    jjangula Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    another vote for Bret Contreras and Strong Curves... once I incorporated exercises from the book into my lifting program, my booty and legs have really developed well... I need to find a good "before" side photo, but here are a couple of current ones...

c1642629-3389-4368-b3cb-89afd5b6c6f8_zps559f8930.jpg

0fc6c7bf-c224-4b51-9e52-d8f3f139e308_zps0dfbb70e.jpg

I'll defo be checking this programme out. Nice booty lol.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Just bought the bret contreras advanced techniques in glute I maximi strengthening book. So thanks guys :)