21 Days to form a Habit!

Options
Join In! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17802-21-days-running-for-our-lives-summer-challenge

Our 2nd round of 21 Days: Running for our Lives (Summer Challenge)!

INTRODUCTION!
Summer is here and the beach is calling our names! Today is the first day of June and this our 2nd Annual 21 Days: Running for Our Lives (Summer Challenge)! Who's in???

WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE???
This is a 21 day challenge of running/jogging/walking 30 minutes each day for 21 days.

NOTE: You can change the amount of minutes, or you can change it to miles (more or less)

NOTE: You can break the minutes/miles up throughout the day or do it all at once

ACCOUNTABILITY/MOTIVATION!
We will keep track of our progress by weighing in weekly and giving each other support/ideas!
Start Date: June 1st
End Date: June 21st
We also have weekly mini-challenges, a venting/motivating thread, and more!

Are You In??? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17802-21-days-running-for-our-lives-summer-challenge

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of already doing this as I am taking part in Juneathon (www.juneathon.com). I have previously done something similar; the 5x50 Challenge, which was a challenge to run/walk/jog 5km every day for 50 day.

I just wanted to say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to your body while doing challenges like this! New runners, or anyone who isn;t already used to running a lot of miles each week should be particularly careful.

I was so determined to complete the 5x50 Challenge by running every day that I pushed through when my leg started aching and after 31 days I ended up in sports therapy with a leg injury. I got an inflamed muscle that stopped me running for over a month (it's still not quite right now but I am easing myself back into running gradually this time!) but it could have been worse.

Otherwise, good luck to everyone taking part, (if you don't get hurt) you'll feel amazing at the end!! :-)
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm kind of already doing this as I am taking part in Juneathon (www.juneathon.com). I have previously done something similar; the 5x50 Challenge, which was a challenge to run/walk/jog 5km every day for 50 day.

I just wanted to say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to your body while doing challenges like this! New runners, or anyone who isn;t already used to running a lot of miles each week should be particularly careful.

I was so determined to complete the 5x50 Challenge by running every day that I pushed through when my leg started aching and after 31 days I ended up in sports therapy with a leg injury. I got an inflamed muscle that stopped me running for over a month (it's still not quite right now but I am easing myself back into running gradually this time!) but it could have been worse.

Otherwise, good luck to everyone taking part, (if you don't get hurt) you'll feel amazing at the end!! :-)

I agree!! Everyone should be paying attention to their bodies in order to avoid any type of injury. This challenge allows individuals to either walk/run/jog either consecutively or in short intervals throughout the day. Thank you for sharing your story of caution with us and helping everyone keep in mind the importance of knowing your limits!

:smile:
    HgH
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I can do this, as long as I dont get ordered for OT at work otherwise my dog and I jog/walk/hike/bike 2.5 - 10 miles a day :)

That's awesome! Make sure you join our group :smile:

HgH