Guilty pleasure?

Options
helenarriaza
helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
Not only food related!

Could be:
-Watching a TV show that is really bad
-Listening to particular band or genre you'd be embarrassed of listening to it in public
-Reading a book you swore you would never get

Basically it is something that you shouldn't like, but like anyway.

Mine is, when I'm cooking or working I'm listening to the most embarrassing Latin music available, the cheesiest the better.

Edit: Spelling

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Indulging in a non-food guilty pleasure is a great substitute for emotional eating.

I'm American, and so Anglophilic that I watch terrible British TV. I would never, ever watch "Real Housewives" or "Jersey Shore," but I love "Made in Chelsea."

I don't eat much candy or cookies, but I love British sweets, chocolate, and biscuits. (A bonus: they're hard to get, so they're a once-in-a-while treat.)

My guiltiest pleasure: my favorite musician is singer-songwriter Mark Mulcahy. I've been a fan since I was 15, so every time I go to one of his concerts I feel like a teenager again.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I love to pretend I only read "real literature" (****ens, Austen, Fitzgerald) but I LOVE going back and rereading the Sweet Valley High books that I read over and over and over again when I was, like, 12.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've seen most every adaptation of D!ckens & Austen—but I've never read any.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    food related:
    ketchup chips
    fresh bread
    turkish delight
    carrot cake
    veggie burgers

none food related:
    cartoons (but i feel no guilt or shame at all)
    real housewives shows
    aqua (the band)
  • sivartk
    sivartk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "Spirited" driving in my car. Probably not safe, and really not legal...although I'm only a few miles from the the highway with the highest speed limit in the US. :smile:
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely a food item Reeses cups are my kryptonite I love a 4 pack of Reeses cups but they are 400 cals That kills my cal intake for the day but sometimes it just has to be done lol
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    At the moment on MFP? My guilty pleasure is participating in the 'Why is Calorie Counting So Hard' thread ;) LOL

No, okay, seriously....erm....

Music: Abba (don't judge me)
    Films: Massive James Bond fan (even the earlier cheesy ones)
    Food: I have to avoid cheese, because once I start, I can't stop. Carbs, carbs, carbs....even now, my food sheet is covered in carbs LOL And this last month I've been addicted to hand made fudge (but only 25g in any one day).
    In general: I'm a fully grown adult who still loves playing Xbox like I'm a teenage boy.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cartoons and Reese's ice cream
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    At the moment on MFP? My guilty pleasure is participating in the 'Why is Calorie Counting So Hard' thread ;) LOL

OH I KNOW!

This has made my week at work a lot more entertaining and way less productive.
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Forgot to add I love to listen my 15-17 year old tunes, my chemical romance, the rasmus, him and the such.

Also, there is something about watching japanese tutorial videos...
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Vin Diesel movies.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga. But only when its just here and a piano. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HvURBhMGE

Also...that TV show Girls.

Oh. And retro video games.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Jeremy Kyle show
  • 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    *kitten*
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Science Fiction/Fantasy books. If I'm having a ****ty day it's not to the tube or a pizza that gets ordered... It's a Heinlein or Asimov book that gets picked up.. possibly a Wells or Lovecraft.. or really anything that is so separate from reality that you can lose yourself in it for a bit. ;)
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Science Fiction/Fantasy books. If I'm having a ****ty day it's not to the tube or a pizza that gets ordered... It's a Heinlein or Asimov book that gets picked up.. possibly a Wells or Lovecraft.. or really anything that is so separate from reality that you can lose yourself in it for a bit. ;)

*bows*
    Asimov
    :love:
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be the t.v. show, Boston Legal (Denny Crane, Alan, Shelly.. the characters were hilarious!). BL was the best thing on t.v. at the time.
  • pamb89
    pamb89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Spongebob Squarepants :ohwell:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I love to pretend I only read "real literature" (****ens, Austen, Fitzgerald) but I LOVE going back and rereading the Sweet Valley High books that I read over and over and over again when I was, like, 12.

Sweet Valley books were my obsession as a kid! LOL! i went through all of the Twins ones, the High ones, and some of the university ones, but i was getting older and sort of lost interest. but i kind of really wanted to be a mix of Jessica and Elizabeth lol.

ETA: remember the "special" books they'd have for holidays and the spooky ones for Halloween? some of those were my favorites! oh! especially the one with the Harlequin dolls? oh man lol i'm getting way too excited about this..