New and Looking for Support

Options
Stewie622
Stewie622 Posts: 20 Member
Hello all!

I have been off and on this site for a few weeks now, but I have decided to take a full leap of healthiness for myself and begin logging and exercising- and not only because I am going away in July ;) I have been battling with IBS-C for the past six months and am in a sort of better point. I still have my painful days, but these past few weeks I have actually had an appetite. I lost about fifteen pounds since November and have been fluctuating at 117 since March(isn). I want to lose the last ten pounds and gain muscle.
This is where you lovely community members come in. I would love some more friends, doesn't matter who, that can be my source of wisdom on losing the last ten pounds and gaining muscle. I am very clueless about this and need some insight!!
Thank you!
Stewie622

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
  • DanielOtt
    DanielOtt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on taking the first step, thats the hardest and most important one. And just know that gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is extremely hard, and next to impossible. To gain muscle, you have to have a calorie surplus, for fat loss you need a calorie deficit. However you can gain strength in a deficit (keep the muscle you already have) If you don't take protein, I would start now and keep doing what you're doing to lose weight, but make sure you keep that muscle.