Home gym exercisers

Options
2»

Replies

• jelawton3
    jelawton3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol. Have one in each room in case the powers out.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I do, I have a Nordictrackthat I use everyday.
    Hopefully I will be starting with weights in the near future.
    I also have been known to get my dance on. lol
  • jelawton3
    jelawton3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I workout at home as well.

Using an old laptop as dvd player and these tools as well.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Looks great, but you're gonna want some heavier weights, STAT.

At that point I'll most likely head to the base gym, as I retired from the AF I can use it for free. But for now I have to keep it light while I recovering from dislocating several ribs.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use dvd videos, and I run and or walk outside when I can. We have a gym by my husbands small military base but only go there like every few months if I can. Cant get much done in a gym with 3 kids.
    So I try and make it fun at home, its easier to take care of kids if they need anything.
  • CherylMatthews66
    CherylMatthews66 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym because of anxiety problems but I own a cross trainer and a rowing machine that I used at least 5 days a week. I prefer working out at home.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was a member at Orange Theory and was going to the gym quite a bit, but recently I've been utilizing my home gym only. Treadmill, spin bike, weight set, DVDs, etc. I'm selling the treadmill and bike so that my workout room can become a nursery though, so I will focus on some Beach Body DVDs, home exercise routines I've found on Pinterest, & jogs/walks outside until I'm ready to join a gym again (if I even need to)

Congrats on adding the nursery!

I workout at home as well, I find it more convenient. Gym includes: treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, weight machine, few free weights.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I use the stationary bike. Looking for more dvds to switch up.
  • Ann_i
    Ann_i Posts: 5
    Options
    Yup, I have a 16kg kettlebell and I exercise indoors. Did few attempts to go to gym/doing walks but all those require preparing so i was giving up pretty fast - training at home for me is WAY easier :)
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    At the moment I only work out at home. I've been doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and when I'm done that I'm going to start Insanity.
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I work out exclusively at home. Built a decent gym in my basement. Lots of gyms in my area that I went to for a while, but lots of idiots there, yapping instead of working out, hogging machines, etc. Not cheaper by any means after all the gear I bought, but I enjoy working out at home WAY more than I did at the gyms. :)
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Working out at home is a lot more comfortable. I have free weights, floor space, a stationary bike, and FitnessBlender workouts. So far so good. I plan on getting a YMCA membership when I move to my new town, so I can do water aerobics. Everything else will still happen at home because I prefer to work out alone. It's kind of peaceful that way, and I like that.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I work out at home with a variety of dumbbells and dvd's.

There is always walking and bike riding. DH wants to invest in an elliptical machine for the winter and when it rains.

Since April have also added helping my DD13 with softball practice at home. Taking turns shagging ground balls and popups doesn't seem like much of a workout for the first, say, 10-15 minutes. Somewhere around 30-45 minutes I believe I have done my cardio for the day :)