Glucerna Shakes?

Options
I have a really hard time eating supper sometimes and end the day with a lot of calories in a deficit. That's all well and good for weight loss, but I'm not interested in starving myself or doing weird things with my blood sugar. I have Type II diabetes and take metformin at night, usually with a snack.

Would Glucerna shakes work as an occasional meal replacement on nights on which I simply need to "grab and go" with something? I have used protein bars in the past and like those, but I think that the shakes might be easier to travel with to dog shows and such.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't have Diabetes but I used to use Ensure drinks for breakfast cause I was never a breakfast person. I don't see anything wrong with that although I would recommend if you can to make your own drinks. Save some money
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time eating supper sometimes and end the day with a lot of calories in a deficit. That's all well and good for weight loss, but I'm not interested in starving myself or doing weird things with my blood sugar. I have Type II diabetes and take metformin at night, usually with a snack.
    Why don't you just eat more earlier in the day if you struggle at night?
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    That's a legitimate question and thanks for asking it. :D I've thought about doing that, but some nights I can eat supper and am actually hungry. If I *know* that I'm heading toward one of those days, that's what I do--I have a large lunch and an early snack. However, it's not consistent and I always feel as if I should leave some dinner calories available, just in case.