You've got a nice rack!

Replies

• tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    I love my rack, too. I use Italian Seasoning and Season All on just about everything. Oh and garlic powder. mmmmm
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I don't have a rack.

But I put Lawry's garlic salt on just about everything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I don't have a spice rack. I have a spice cabinet. An entire cabinet dedicated to spices.

I think my favorite is dried parsley. I use it in everything and when I don't have it, I can taste the difference.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    I don't have a rack.

But I put Lawry's garlic salt on just about everything.

everything?
    715.gif
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    You had me at "Korean style rubs."
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Cumin and smoked paprika are some of my favorites. We also have a family member who makes these amazing spice mixes, with no salt added. There's a chipotle mix that completely changed my relationship with corn on the cob. :bigsmile:
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    I Love Italian, Greek and French cooking.. so staples in my kitchen are mustards, basil, oregano, garlic...Black Pepper... and salt... I think at the moment I have about 6-7 different types of salt...
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    For my easy Korean Style rub (again style because rather than traditional marinades I made it into a rub)

1-2 Tablespoon of garlic powder
    1-2 Tablespoons of light soy sauce (depends on how much you are doing)
    3-4 Stalks of green onions finely chopped (and I mean very finely chopped- food processor would be good too-and if i can I try to squeeze out any liquid)
    1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
    2 Tablespoon of Korean hot fine pepper (I like it hot)
    1 Tablespoon of onion powder (I use the powder to keep the rub from becoming a marinade)
    2 teaspoons of sesame oil
    2 dashes of ginger powder (again powder to keep it from get too wet)
    2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
    Mixed together and rub on. After the roast or whatever you have finished cooking I like to lightly sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds for both the look and a little more punch of flavor.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I still have a spice rack, but I don't keep it stocked anymore. I buy my spices in the bulk section. I only buy the spices I am going to need in the next two weeks or so. That way they are much fresher.

The only spices I keep in any quantity are the ones in my homeade BBQ Rub.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member

Well played Sir, well played
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    I'm a big fan of having everything and anything I can possible need, especially since I do a lot of different types of food and love experiencing with the meals I make.

Primarily I love having a bit of sesame seeds (different colors), herbs de provence (homemade), spicy oregano, hungarian paprika, homemade curry powder blend (japanese, thai, and indian blends), a few secret recipe garlic blends for wings and ribs, a bbq rub for sweet/savory and a spicy bbq rub, coriander, and of course, homemade vanilla extract from bourbon, moonshine, and rum.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    For my easy Korean Style rub (again style because rather than traditional marinades I made it into a rub)

1-2 Tablespoon of garlic powder
    1-2 Tablespoons of light soy sauce (depends on how much you are doing)
    3-4 Stalks of green onions finely chopped (and I mean very finely chopped- food processor would be good too-and if i can I try to squeeze out any liquid)
    1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
    2 Tablespoon of Korean hot fine pepper (I like it hot)
    1 Tablespoon of onion powder (I use the powder to keep the rub from becoming a marinade)
    2 teaspoons of sesame oil
    2 dashes of ginger powder (again powder to keep it from get too wet)
    2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
    Mixed together and rub on. After the roast or whatever you have finished cooking I like to lightly sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds for both the look and a little more punch of flavor.

cool, thanks!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member

Comments like this make me sad. I should not have to explain to my daughter that there will be people in the world that have certain sexual/behavioral expectations of her simply because she's Asian/Korean.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

Comments like this make me sad. I should not have to explain to my daughter that there will be people in the world that have certain sexual/behavioral expectations of her simply because she's Asian/Korean.

Why do you read innuendo in that post? Korean chicken is pretty popular though I must admit that I haven't tried it myself.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member

Why do you read innuendo in that post? Korean chicken is pretty popular though I must admit that I haven't tried it myself.

No kidding. I was talking about food. I sincerely hope this has a happy ending.
    https://www.spiceandtea.com/korean-bbq-rub-p-163.html
  • Shovelita
    Shovelita Posts: 21 Member
    Tajin powder is my new best bud.

Wow I need some of that. Wonder if I can get it in Australia. I have an amazing spice draw but then I use to cook for a living and have to try everything.
    Order it online, it is so worth it! Do you guys have Lucas candy out there?
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    I feel like the title to this thread was just a dirty trick to get me here. :sad:
  • geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    I found a nice rub online over at one of my favorite grilling/meat webites www.amazingribs.com (http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pastes_marinades_and_brines/meatheads_memphis_dust.html) I've used it on ribs, porkchops, chicken, etc etc.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Oh and since I live quite a distance from a fully stocked Asian Grocer, my favorite spot to pick up spices and sauces:
    http://www.hmart.com/shopnow/shopnow_newsub_top.asp?t=1120
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I love Trader Joes' "21 Seasoning Salute"- it has 21 different herbs/spices but no salt, so it's very flavorful and quick to use. I really like McCormick's Hamburger Seasoning too- it flavors ground turkey really well and makes it taste a little "meatier."

Other staples- garlic garlic garlic!!!!! And cayenne pepper.