walking the walk....

turbojanem
turbojanem Posts: 285
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
when people talk about hitting a plateau i am always saying "do something totally different and eat lean." well, it's time for me to practice what i am preaching and walk the walk.

the month of October has been a bit of a challenge for me. on October 5th i hit 147 pounds. then on the 8th we left for 11 days on vacation. a cruise no less. by last Saturday, both my Husband and i returned to our pre-vacation weight. awesome. yep. then my parents came to town on Monday and left on Friday. so here i am, still weighing in between 147 and 148. BIG sigh!

i know. life happens. im OK with life happening. but now that the four weeks (3 weeks of vacation, birthday celebrations and rents visiting) of distraction is over i am getting my focus on.

my goal...to add different workouts to my routine. typically i am a Turbo Jam girl. i do plan to continue with this, but i will be dusting off my Total Gym and my exercise ball to get some variety into my routine. muscle confusion (doing different workouts) will keep my muscles burning and work on different muscles. muscle=metabolism burning 24/7. and that will result in the scales going down.

i ask you to all keep me accountable. if you are my MFP friend, then keep after me. if you aren't my friend yet, send me a friend request so that you can watch my progress.

my short term goal: be UNDER 145 on Monday Nov 8th.

to reach my goal: add different exercises to my routine and to eat lean and clean.

cheering you all on. and praying you will keep after me over these next 10 days. i KNOW i can do this, especially with all the love and support from my MFP friends.

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    yes it does happen.

One thing I have learned is to eat what you would normaly eat for maintaince for one week. that way you do not gain and your body get more food than normal and think it's feast time again.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    i'll be watching for your exercise posts...so be sure to switch it up!!! and don't forget your water :) and although i have never tried it...Amarillo's idea sounds like it just might work!
  • I had a non-optimal October as well, so i will be watching you if you are watching me too! :) I know you can do it!! :)
This discussion has been closed.