Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is 11g of creatine ok to use

I was wondering can I use 11g of creatine daily?

Replies

• vrodgers1
    vrodgers1 Posts: 1 Member
    Creatine can be very problematic to the gastrointestinal system. If you are preparing for a competition (physique, body building or figure) and need to gain muscle mass then creatine can be utilized. However, you should not use it for more than four weeks. You should always try to get the most pure form of the product you can find if you do decide to use it. If you are not preparing for a competition, then it's best to stay away from the product.
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    The examine.com article on creatine said 5g a day was all your body would use. Anything more is just going out in urine.
  • maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    5g a day, every day.
  • CharloK2
    CharloK2 Posts: 7
    If you are doing progressive weight resistance training, take only 5g/day, no loading required. Don't waste your money on any fancy creatine products,...just plain creatine monohydrate is all you need.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I do 10 gr post workout
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Dumb imo.
  • snabberz
    snabberz Posts: 1
    Have a read of this, you might find it helpful: http://www.supplementjudge.net/guides/creatine/

But overall, 11g split throughout the day should be fine.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Dumb imo.

noted
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Dumb imo.

noted

I think he's doing well with his post workout creative consumption... Far from dumb! Creatine is used for recovery purposes, and its very effective.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Never done more than 10gs a workout so I dunno...
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    5g a day should be more than enough, some people pre-load on it though (20gDaily/1WK)

I personally did pre-load a while back but honestly there's not need, I do feel however that I retain more water which is not really a bad thing since the more water in you usually gives you a bit of more strength...

Conclusion: try 5G a day see how that feels....

I hope you've been writting all your workouts/weights down so you can actually have a fair conclusion... You can't go bench 225 then.. eat like crap for the next two weeks while taking creatine then go and only bench 185... blame teh creatine -.-
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    I tend to use about 5g per 100lbs of body weight. See as the creatine has to accumulate to a certain level in your muscle tissue in order to be effective, it stands to reason that people with more muscle mass need a larger dose to be effective. A 230 lb guy is gonna need to use more than a 150 lb guy, just common sense in my opinion.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    It should be fine. Listen to your body. Some people react differently to it. 5g/daily is the recommended dose, but it's not to say you can't have a little more. It's suggested to do a loading phase for a week, but that's also not needed.

I usually go with 5g post workout, and sometimes 2.5-5g, pre-workout, but not always. I usually take mine with a shake or food, and drinks lots of water.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    It should be fine. Listen to your body. Some people react differently to it. 5g/daily is the recommended dose, but it's not to say you can't have a little more. It's suggested to do a loading phase for a week, but that's also not needed.

I usually go with 5g post workout, and sometimes 2.5-5g, pre-workout, but not always. I usually take mine with a shake or food, and drinks lots of water.

I agree with Steve on this ^

I do the same 5G Pre and 5G Post, just personal preference and that's how I find it most effective. Call it placebo but if it gets me pushing more weight then ...
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    creatine is basically water weight that is going to store in your muscles and will help you lift more. you will be more bloated out then usual, less your in a caloric surplus its not necessary
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    creatine is basically water weight that is going to store in your muscles and will help you lift more. you will be more bloated out then usual, less your in a caloric surplus its not necessary

Not everyone will retain water on creatine, that's a myth. If and how much, depends on the individual. Also, creatine is not only used for bulking.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Yup...put me down with the team 5 g. Can you use more..yea, but more isn't necessarily better...but I don't think it will do any harm either. I bought a big tub of it 2 1/2 years ago, drink it almost every day and still have half of a canister left.

One of the most researched supplements out there and as far as we know today...perfectly safe and pssst...it's legal. :happy:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    3g is enough.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Creatine is probably the most studied supplement in the fitness industry - I recommend doing some research, using trial and error and coming to your own conclusions. Just note a couple of things

1. A "loading phase" of 20g/day for 2-5 days is recommended, but isn't necessary. (I believe its more of a ploy by the industry to get us to buy more, but that's my opinion)

2. Once muscle saturation is reached, studies show 2.5g - 5g/day to be optimal. If you don't experience adverse reactions, there are ahtletes that take more, i.e. 10g/day as some have stated, but nothing I've read so far (please link a study if anyone has it) has proven any benefit above 5g/day. There are concerns however from over-dosage, high amounts coupled with longer length of time, and some health issues have been linked to this.

3. There are different forms of creatine, i.e. creatine ethyl ester, however plain old creatine monohydrate is still considered to be the best form (and least expensive). I wouldn't waste time or money on other forms.

4. Creatine doesn't have an acute effect, meaning timing of dose is irrelevant. Pre or post workout is most popular because many individuals drink pre-workout or post-workout shakes or drinks, but taking it pre-workout won't give a boost or pump in performance (any boost from pre-workout consumption is usually dismissed as a placebo effect). Just get it in.

5. There are creatine non-responders, and some have experienced no benefit from creatine supplementation.